Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID Locked How to reset iPad

Corporate iPad. AppleID is locked. Employee gone and have no answers to security questions. Apple Support will not unlock Apple ID.

How do I reset the iPad with a new Apple ID?

iPad

Posted on Jan 30, 2015 7:07 AM

19 replies

Apr 15, 2017 12:01 PM in response to exces.water

I had the same problem with an iPad bought on contract that my son locked.

Apple should have a system in place were they can see who first registered the device then identification proves the rest.

(I believe it's never changed because it just brings that little more revenue when you have to buy a new one)

This being said if you are in the U.K. There are plenty of places if you search hard enough that can reset the device as I've had mine done for £30 and it's perfect.

So thanks for nothing Apple!

Feb 3, 2015 8:14 AM in response to mbmedia

Your only choice will be to go to an Apple store with proof of original ownership or contact Apple and provide them with proof. A three year old receipt should be not be a big problem as most receipts have to be kept seven years for tax audit purposes.

You may also want to consider just writing the device off the books entirely and then tossing it. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. Any future devices will be set up with a corporate account and password before being provided to employees.

Feb 4, 2015 12:05 PM in response to raymond73

Phily_Phan is absolutely correct. We made a mistake in not recording all the security information about this iPad.

That being said, without the security answers and without an invoice, what we have is a $529.44 small chopping board.

But I find it incredulous that there is no way to regain possession and use of this iPad. I would have been better off

to have the iPad stolen as I could then buy a new one. So I'm torn between leaving it by the curb or using it as a hot plate.

Feb 4, 2015 6:14 PM in response to mbmedia

Scenario:

You buy an Ipad like the one you are talking about. - 500 $ (in my country you can buy a nice and good car for this money)

You have the receipt, invoice, papers @ home.

Your house somehow burns down, or it is destroyed by a hurricane while you are in vacation - using the Ipad 🙂

Something happens to the Ipad and it doesn't work anymore (well you don't seem to be very lucky, don't you think 🙂 ? )

Apple denies your warranty because you don't have your receipt... (even knowing who bought it and when and it would be very very easy for them to check if you are the buyer of the Idevice 🙂 )

Well I guess that doesn't make Apple the good guy...

Sorry for long post 😉

Feb 4, 2015 6:21 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I am upset a little but it's not such a big problem.

It seems a bit unfair that you buy something from them for a good amount of money, and in case you have a problem, they will give you the finger.

But I bet you know they don't give a f... about customers, they only go for the money.

Lost, stolen, locked device - that means they will soon sell a new device for an Ifan 😉

Feb 4, 2015 6:30 PM in response to mbmedia

You might be able to get your invoice from whoemever sold the devices to you. Don't know how many you have but a (guessing) several thousand dollar sale might be trackable on the seller's part.

Maybe the silver lining would be to get the learning experience....such as time to make your employees unlock their device before they get their last paycheck, or deduct the cost of the ipad from their last check if they don't unlock it for you. (dunno how the departure of your employee went and none of my business but if you still owe them money you may still have leverage to get that info from them....depending on what your legal counsel says of course)

Feb 4, 2015 6:31 PM in response to Philly_Phan

I quote my previous post on the thread I opened: "I try to be a good person, and want to return it to its owner or buy it from him. Another one would break it apart and sell the components."

You are disrespectful. This is not nice. If I would try to defeat the lock I would not ask how to contact the previous user, giving here my name, and asking how to contact Apple.

Your level of internet is over 9000 master Philly. Thank you.

One last word: Karma

Feb 4, 2015 6:34 PM in response to Skydiver119

Skydiver119 wrote:

Maybe the silver lining would be to get the learning experience....such as time to make your employees unlock their device before they get their last paycheck, or deduct the cost of the ipad from their last check if they don't unlock it for you.

I'm personally in favor of that but I recently learned that it's illegal in most states of the U.S., perhaps all of them. As best I understand the legal logic, the paycheck was for hours worked and is unrelated to any issues regarding company property.

AppleID Locked How to reset iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.