Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The 10.10.2 update has introduced bluetooth connectivity issues.

The 10.10.2 update has messed up my bluetooth connectivity. I know this update was intended to resolve connectivity problems. However, before the update I was not experiencing any issues. Now, my bluetooth drops connectivity -- can't keep my Magic Mouse online. Please Help; is there any way to uninstall 10.10.2? Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2015 12:02 PM

12 replies

Feb 3, 2015 11:50 AM in response to ianstew66

I'm having the same issue. Since 10.10.2, my Apple Magic Mouse will only connect if I reboot my MBP. I typically leave my MBP running in my office and switch off my mouse at night. In the morning, I cannot reconnect unless I restart my MBP. Never had such an issue prior to 10.10.2.

Apple... I switched from Windows 5-6 years ago because I simply couldn't stand the bugs and sloppy user experience that was Microsoft's hallmark. I'm sad to say I've experienced all the same (possibly worse) since Lion and beyond. Snow Leopard was the last "solid" OS I remember. The rest bring back Microsoft flashbacks..

Apple. PLEASE get it together man! I shutter at the prospect of switching back to Windows, but I am thoroughly annoyed with you!

Feb 5, 2015 6:15 AM in response to abdulfromlutz

I couldn't agree more!! My only difference is that I have never been a Windows user. I have been a loyal Apple geek since the beginning. My entire house, family, business is Apple......but I am getting extremely frustrated with the problems as of late....most recently my Trackpad connectiviity issue. I am spending countless mins, now hours, trying to get this to work consistently.....this is ridiculous! This should be BASIC STUFF APPLE!

Feb 19, 2015 5:43 AM in response to ianstew66

I have this problem several times a day. I've tried all the solutions people have suggested, and no luck. It usually happens when I take my laptop to a meeting without my magic mouse. When I come back, the laptop refuses to connect again to the mouse. I have to remove it from devices, restart, take out the batteries (APPLE Batteries, btw), then launch Mouse system preference, and then MAYBE the computer will talk to the mouse and send a pair request. Most of the time it either finds no mouse, or finds my mouse but doesn't do anything to connect to it. I'm about to go buy a wired mouse and throw my magic mouse away. I already got rid of my wireless keyboard because of the same problem.

This CLEARLY is an OS problem.

The 10.10.2 update has introduced bluetooth connectivity issues.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.