Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Following the update to 12.1.0.71 I can no longer add movies or tv shows

They won't add. Is there a fix for this coming?

Posted on Feb 3, 2015 10:33 AM

28 replies

Feb 6, 2015 4:26 PM in response to Grimal

I just updated to 12.1, and can no longer add .mp4 files to my library, for syncing to my iPad and iPhone. Dang, shouldn't have updated, go figure - "updated" to make something not work. Come on, Apple...Quality Control is not just a suggestion, it's something your customers have been accustomed to, and expect. Lately, it seems non-existent. Am I just doing something wrong, or has the T's&C's changed? I can't drag/drop, or use the file menu to add a file.

Feb 7, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Squirrels Dad

The "for older video cards" version is a 64-bit installer for the 32-bit core application, a similar package to all previous 64-bit releases of iTunes. It is a potential workaround for any compatibility problem with the full 64-bit version of iTunes, in addition to its intended use for systems where the 64-bit version of iTunes won't work with your graphics adaptor.

Another possible workaround is to roll back to the previous build:

tt2

Feb 7, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Squirrels Dad

What, all artwork in iTunes is missing? You can close iTunes, delete the Album Artwork cache inside the main iTunes folder in your Music folder, restart iTunes, then slowly work through your library in albums or other grid views. All items with embedded art should rebuild, you will have to redownload store art. Not sure I'd upgrade just now, but at least it looks like you can get back to this point if you do.

tt2

Feb 8, 2015 4:54 AM in response to turingtest2

I have the same problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes according to the instructions you gave and I still can't add video files. In addition, the artwork is now gone from many of my movies (and can't be added, nothing happens) and no artwork for any movie is visible via my AppleTV.

This is highly annoying. When Apple releases an update to iTunes or anything else, I expect it to work. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to fix it myself or go back to a previous version.

Feb 8, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Dalekmaster

I went through the uninstall process, making sure everything was uninstalled, and folders deleted. I then installed iTunes, but not the latest release, the one previous. Then installed QuickTime, latest download. It then started to work.

I was also not getting any default icons for films or tv, I'd not added Artwork, but as my films were only showing as Grey Tiles with a Music Note, and the TV programs with a Grey TV icon, I decided to add some, and it is working.

I do totally agree with you about the update. It should just work, without causing any hassle and issues. Obviously this update was finished on a Friday, quickly, before they went to the pub!!!

Following the update to 12.1.0.71 I can no longer add movies or tv shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.