Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes was unable to install the VoiceOver kit. An unknown error occurred (1260).

I now get this error after getting the latest version of iTunes on 2/2/2015.

I have a 4th gen shuffle.

I've tried restarting the computer. I've tried getting the latest Microsoft updates. Nothing works.

Is there a log I can check for more information on this error?

Posted on Feb 6, 2015 6:35 AM

4 replies

Feb 14, 2015 5:26 PM in response to TheYouvster

Hey!

I have the same problem but with different specs.

I'm using the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.

User uploaded file

And also the latest iTunes version 12.1.0.50.

User uploaded file

When I enable the VoiceOver on my iPod shuffle, the language dropbox is not accessible.

User uploaded file

Then, it prompts the terms and conditions and also the details of the VoiceOver kit version, and it says the new update has now support for OS X Lion... But I'm using Yosemite...

User uploaded file

Then, I get the annoying error 1701...

User uploaded file

Already tried to uninstall the VoiceOver kit framework, but no success... Already restored the iPod, no success. I've been searching all over the web and this used to be a problem but it was solved with a OS X Lion update... Well, we have Yosemite now, it's about time to come up with a fix!

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this? Maybe someone using Yosemite with the VoiceOver kit working, could copy the framework file and let us download and replace ours, to see if it's any good... Other than that, really dunno what to do...

iTunes was unable to install the VoiceOver kit. An unknown error occurred (1260).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.