Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bad Esn Iphone 6 Plus Tmobile

Hello Apple Communities,

I recently bought a iphone 6 plus on craigslist. I bought the iphone 6 plus off this guy it was like 9:30 when i bought it there was no more tmobile retailing store open at that time so i insisted to meet at a tmobile the next day but he started to tell me that he was going to sell it to some one else that if i wanted the phone i had to meet up and buy it that same instant, so i did. We agreed that first thing tomorrow i could go connect it with out any problems, But truth was that once he left mi sight he called in to tmobile and he reported it stolen and the next day once i went and tryed to get it coneccted the lady told me that this phone was reported stolen around 9:35 off the day he sold it to me. Now im stuck with a brand new phone that has a bad esn and i cant use at all is there anything i can do to clear the esn i got proofs of everything im saying i got the emails of how we went back and forth and how we said we were going to meet and everything???

Space Gray, Iphone 6 Plus, T-Mobile, IMEI: 35***************306

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, null

Posted on Feb 9, 2015 4:38 PM

16 replies

Feb 9, 2015 5:36 PM in response to petermac87

Well i was most intrested in knowing if there is anyway to contact apple main office and see if there is anything we can do to clear the esn? And No the guy didnt steal it because he had it connected under his number and i took it withline still on it and it a bit later he reported it stolen and he told me he was going to switch his line to another phone. is this all you can do for me or can we fix this mis understanding because i cant go give a phone to the police and let them keep it after i payed $600 bucks for it. (I baisiclly already did throw away those $600 Bucks)

Feb 9, 2015 6:07 PM in response to Canela_7

Canela_7 wrote:

Well i was most intrested in knowing if there is anyway to contact apple main office and see if there is anything we can do to clear the esn?

Apple will not get involved. You were scammed. The guy took you money and probably reported it stolen so he could then claim against mobile or his insurance.

Feb 9, 2015 6:46 PM in response to tharaka 4m colombo

tharaka 4m colombo wrote:

Do you have original iphone box that has the same IMEI number of the phone if yes you might have a proof that you own the phone.

That will prove nothing. If you steal a phone do not those numbers match anyway? Then how is that proof of purchase. The OP did a deal with an unscrupulous seller and paid the penalty. They have lost their money cold and are in possession of a reported stolen phone. I see no way that your advice can be of any possible use to them. It should be handed to the police and they can be told the story. It has NOTHING to do with Apple.

Pete

Apr 20, 2015 8:51 AM in response to petermac87

Peter your responses are ridiculous, heartless, and uncalled for.

Firstly there is definitely a possibility Canela DOES NOT have a stolen phone.

In fact a majority of the time the issue is the Customer has just disconnected their line and completely changed services all together.

This means that the property is now owned by Canela. ( The Police wouldnt take the device anyway, so I doubt you have reasonable advice in the first place. )

It can not be proven one way or the other, but I can say being close minded and calling a good deal off Craigslist is not the right way to go about this rather than helping a person out.

Canela, My advice is to go to ebay and sell it. You can get about 400 for it.

(:

Apr 20, 2015 11:02 AM in response to ZacInYoFace

Did you actually read the first post by the OP. He already spoke to T-Mobile who said the phone had been reported as stolen. And yes, if the phone was reported as stolen the police would take the device. It has already been "proven" the OP spoke to T-Mobile and they informed him that eh phone had been reported as stolen. Was this a false report? Yes, according to the OP. Which is why I suggested that the OP contact the police to straighten the matter out and give his side of the story.

The problem with your advice? If he sells it on eBay (of course not revealing it is a bad ESN and the phone has been reported as stolen, which is fraud in and of itself) he may get that money but if the buyer runs into the same issues and contacts eBay they are going to contact the police and report the issue. That will make your advice pretty **** heartless. It is already ridiculous.

Apr 20, 2015 11:12 AM in response to deggie

Do you know how to respond with out swearing?

Most police will not take a phone like that, and say they do, their is nothing they can do about the device after received.

And

I said nothing about lying, obviously thats a ridiculous thing to even suggest.

You can sell a phone with a BAD ESN for about 400 still.

Say what you'd like, but youre not in the situation.

I was simply giving helpful suggestions to where, yes she may have gotten screwed over, but hopefully she could make a portion of that loss back.

Apr 20, 2015 11:17 AM in response to ZacInYoFace

How do you know I was swearing?

Yes, most police will take a phone like that. Which police department do you work for and how much research have you done in this area?

I didn't suggest you said for them to lie. I suggested if they did it would be fraud. I also disagree with your price regarding a bad ESN phone, but we are beyond a bad ESN phone with this one the OP would be selling property they know has been reported stolen, so they would knowingly be selling stolen property. Your advice to the OP, which you call helpful, is to knowingly market stolen property which could get them into a lot of trouble and be very costly. Not really very good advice.

Apr 20, 2015 3:26 PM in response to ZacInYoFace

ZacInYoFace wrote:

Peter your responses are ridiculous, heartless, and uncalled for.

Firstly there is definitely a possibility Canela DOES NOT have a stolen phone.

Canela_7 posted

But truth was that once he left mi sight he called in to tmobile and he reported it stolen and the next day once i went and tryed to get it coneccted the lady told me that this phone was reported stolen around 9:35 off the day he sold it to me.

Are you calling the original poster a liar? Why are you making up stories? Your suggestions are not only non helpful, but rude, inaccurate. Lets look at some of your stupid comments

( The Police wouldnt take the device anyway, so I doubt you have reasonable advice in the first place. )

Wow! Police now will not get involved with stolen goods? I suppose that is not their area. 🙂

It can not be proven one way or the other,

we go on what the Original poster states. You are not them. 🙂

but I can say being close minded and calling a good deal off Craigslist is not the right way to go about this rather than helping a person out.

Yes, Craigsist is 'full' of wonderful deals. No one has ever been ripped off. 🙂

Canela, My advice is to go to ebay and sell it. You can get about 400 for it.

400 what? Dollars? Ruples? Pounds? Camels? Days in jail?

If you are going to jump into a thread after two months with absolutely nothing of value to add, then don't expect people to endear your inaccuracies and rudeness. If you have an issue of your own, as it appears you do not, or have no advice of value to add, then your time may be better spent elsewhere. Say......Craigslist or eBay.

Cheers

Pete

Bad Esn Iphone 6 Plus Tmobile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.