Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to add movie artwork to iTunes 12.1.0.50

Hi,

I cannot add movie artwork to the latest version of iTunes 12.1.0.50 on Mac.

The movie was purchased outside of the iTunes platform and is in MP4 format. I can add the movie to the library and adjust the Metadata like director, genre, description, but when i try to add artwork it shows in the Get Info Menu, then when i select Ok, it vanishes.

I've tried the holding Option button as suggested in previous forums but cannot get it to work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 12, 2015 5:46 PM

18 replies

Feb 15, 2015 7:53 AM in response to s_walker

I had/have the same issue with the previous version. I raised a call and they said that it's a known problem with the communication of iTunes to the storage location. I guess, your library is stored on an external disc, too?

Apple support promised that it's been solved in the next version, which is 12.1.0.50... so same issue..

I haven't contacted Apple support again but will do soon.

So up to now, there will be no solution I guess.

Feb 20, 2015 9:21 PM in response to s_walker

Having the same issue with iTunes 12.1.0.50, with movies stored on a NAS. Interestingly, selecting multiple movies, and then adding the artwork through the Get Info pane does, in fact, work (adding the same artwork for all movies selected). So I guess I'll upload a dummy video, select it with the movie I'm actually adding the artwork for, Get Info, Add Artwork, rinse, repeat... and finally delete the dummy video.

Jun 4, 2015 7:26 PM in response to mazurkaguy

So just to clarify, the solution to this problem was to add the same artwork to every movie?

Could I just ask if anyone had a solution to automatically adding artwork and meta data to all movies?

I have been restoring my movies to a new laptop from an old backup file after my old laptop crashed. I had tons of meta data and album covers for movies that I cannot find anywhere. Does anyone know where these are stored?

Mar 9, 2016 9:52 AM in response to s_walker

I guess this issue has been existing for a while, and with the popularity of NAS', you'd think apple or NAS makers would have rectified this but no. I am running an iMac 27" late 2013 with a DNS-320L with all firmware/OS/iTunes up to date. No matter where the library.xml file is located, if the media is on a NAS, itunes does not let you add artwork the proper way. The workaround mentioned above about selecting multiple items, and adding artwork that way, does work but it is just a pain and not like Apple.

how to add movie artwork to iTunes 12.1.0.50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.