Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi dropping out in iOS 8.1.3

Since upgrading to iOS 8.1.3 I have had issues with my devices dropping wifi connectivity. They appear to wander off looking for other routers and then fail to re-connect to my own ( 4 ft away! )

Is anyone else having an issue? I have checked with my internet provider who cannot identify a problem from their end.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, iPad 4 32Gb

Posted on Feb 17, 2015 8:07 AM

10 replies

Feb 21, 2015 10:24 AM in response to MCheshire

I have this same problem too - have ever since purchasing my iPhone 6. My iPhone 4S worked fine on the same wifi network using earlier operating system, but I have had nothing but trouble since upgrading hardware and operating system. Seems like a known Apple issue. Hopefully, someone at Apple will make this a priority and get it fixed.

My other hardware works just fine on our network (HP laptop).

Feb 23, 2015 10:09 AM in response to MCheshire

I Have same problem with IpadAir2. Support tried many way including resets and two restores, one with back up and one with "as new", nothing worked.

yesterday I went into

settings/privacy/location services/system services and turned off wifi networks.

SO far it has not dropped out. Let's hope it lasts.

This is my last resort, if it fails I will be asking for refund and going back to Sony, as the product is not satisfactory.

Wifi dropping out in iOS 8.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.