Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i make a new folder at homescreen it tells that u dont have necessory permission

when i go to make a new folder at home screen it tells that you dont have necessory permission..what is the solution

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 4:12 PM in response to shubhamfromkaithoon

Post in the right forum first if the solution presented doesn't solve the problem:

Site map of Communities and Categories

1. If you are not an administrator, are you trying to create a folder within your home folder? If not, that's the only place you can create folders, unless the administrator gives you other access. Note subfolders with non-generic blank folder icons within the home folder are usually only designated for iApps and user specific applications such as the Library, Pictures, Music, and Movies folders. The Documents folder stores some application specific documents too, whose subfolders are only intended for those applications.

2. If you are an administrator use Disk Utility to repair permissions if it is a folder you know you otherwise have been able to create folders in the past.

To check if you are an administrator, check Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Accounts.

when i make a new folder at homescreen it tells that u dont have necessory permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.