Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Audio ( Bootcamp )

Hey, ich habe Bootcamp ( Windows 8.1 ) installiert.

Auf meinen Macbook Pro ( ende 2011 ) Modell. 13 Zoll.

Ich habe ein Problem, ich habe schon alles ausprobiert damit der Audio geht. Ich kriege keinen Sound ĂŒberhaupt nichts. Da steht, es ist kein AudiogerĂ€t installiert. Hab schon die neuste Bootcamp Support installation gemacht auch Bootcamp geupdatet, auch den Treiber geupdatet auch den Treiber neu geladen hab alles mögliche gemacht. Da steht irgendwas mit Cannot start error code 10 oder sowas.

Bitteeeeee ich brauche Hilfe.

Translate with GOOGLE:

Hey, I installed bootcamp (Windows 8.1).

On my Macbook Pro (late 2011) model. 13 inches.

I have a problem, I have tried everything so the audio goes. I get nothing no sound. It says there is no audio device installed. I've already made the latest Boot Camp Boot Camp support installation also updated, and the driver also updated the driver reloaded've done everything possible. Because something is Can not start with error code 10 or something.

Pleaseeeeee I need help.

Posted on Feb 27, 2015 2:31 PM

45 replies

Apr 17, 2017 4:26 AM in response to alexnapierholland

alexnapierholland wrote:

Could this technique work for me?

Obviously, I could plug-in the DVD drive via USB; although this doesn't always behaved in the same fashion as when it's internal.

No. Re-connect the Optical drive internally back to the Mac, and install using the Optical drive and physical DVD. Once Windows is installed, connect the second drive in the Optibay. Do not move the Windows drive to the Optibay. Windows is very unstable and crashes very frequently.

Feb 28, 2015 4:06 AM in response to Loner T

Am anfang war da kein unbekanntes GerÀt, ich habe vieles ausprobiert. Jetzt ist da ein Unbekanntes GerÀt aber ich finde den Treiber nicht dazu.

Hab nach der ID gesucht, das GerÀt hat was mit dem Audio zutuhen.

Translate:

In the beginning there was no unknown device , I 've tried many things. Now there is an unknown device but I can not find the driver to do so.

Have searched for the ID , the device has something to tuhen with the audio .

Feb 28, 2015 5:49 AM in response to Kemal.S

The version Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621 supports your specific model

System Requirements

• MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2011)
  • MacBook Air (11-inch & 13-inch, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch, Mid 2010)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch, & 15-inch, Early 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch,15-inch & 17-inch Late 2011)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch & 15-inch, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
  • MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch and 15-inch, Early 2013)
  • Mac Pro (Early 2009)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
  • Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012)
  • iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Mid 2011)
  • iMac (21.5-inch & 27-inch, Late 2012)
  • iMac (21.5-inch) Early 2013
  • Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1, 64 bit

Did the Bootcamp drivers repair work properly?

Can you post a screen shot of Device Manager? The following screen is from a 2012 13" MBP.

User uploaded file

Mar 1, 2015 10:01 AM in response to Kemal.S

EFI boot on preUEFI Macs causes problems for Audio and GPU drivers. The following (and older) Macs are preUEFI macs. This comes from Bootcamp Info.plist file.

<key>PreUEFIModels</key>

<array>

<string>MacBook7</string>

<string>MacBookAir5</string>

<string>MacBookPro10</string>

<string>MacPro5</string>

<string>Macmini6</string>

<string>iMac13</string>

</array>

Your Mac is (using How to identify MacBook Pro models - Apple Support)

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)MacBookPro8,1

MD314xx/A

MD313xx/A

13.3"/2.8 i7/2x2GB/750-5400

13.3"/2.4 i5/2x2GB/500-5400

May 20, 2015 4:16 AM in response to Kemal.S

Hello

I just installed Windows 8.1 on my 27inch IMac mid 2010 with Yosemite. I originally had no sound. The sound problems don't have anything to do with whether you have OSX Yosemite or a prior OSX but can be fixed as follows (I suspect its identical on macbooks etc as its really a software problem)

Solution

1. Once you have installed your Windows using Bootcamp Assistant on OSX, you are now booting into Windows. Bootcamp Assistant originally asked you to make a USB disk (asked for a minimum of 8GB). This contains the drivers for your Windows so you must make sure you have the correct version of Bootcamp on this USB. I had the latest Bootcamp that came with Yosemite (April 2015, 10.10.3) and that was version 5.1.xxxx. This version supports win 7, 8 and 8.1 (You'll have to check with Apple which version supports prior OS's like XP or Vista). If you have an older Windows OSX the Apple Bootcamp site ( Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support ) will be your guide as XP, Vista etc are not really supported much now but there are links in the FAQs.

2. Go to Control Panel and in 'Programmes and Features' (Add/Remove Programmes section) uninstall any audio drivers from RealTek, Cirrus etc. You will be prompted to restart your Mac. Don't do it yet - you need to go to Control Panel->System->DeviceManager and in 'Sound Video and Game Controllers' you need to uninstall anything that says 'High Definition Audio'. (basically, just delete any remaining audio driver here whatever its called - if there are 2 or more copies - delete them all). This is the crux of the problem, the high def audio drivers are the wrong ones, its some kind of clash between sound card and on-motherboard audio, but that's unimportant. When all of these audio drivers are deleted the 'Sound,Video & Game Controllers' section will disappear.

3. Now restart Windows.

4. When rebooted - plug in your original Bootcamp USB you made long ago and navigate to the ' BootCamp' directory, and in that run the 'setup.exe' file. This will reinstall your drivers correctly (note that it Installs a fair bit, don't worry when it installs other stuff too). When it finishes - restart Windows and now you should have sound, as well as a BootCamp Icon in you Task Bar (if it wasn't there previously). If you go to the Device Manager you should see that the 'Sound, Video & Game Controllers' is back, but with the correct audio drivers, usually by RealTek and/or Cirrus.

Hopefully this helps, as there's so much conflicting advice to getting sound working on Windows via Bootcamp.

Stu

May 20, 2015 4:22 AM in response to stuartcook777

stuartcook777 wrote:

This contains the drivers for your Windows so you must make sure you have the correct version of Bootcamp on this USB. I had the latest Bootcamp that came with Yosemite (April 2015, 10.10.3) and that was version 5.1.xxxx. This version supports win 7, 8 and 8.1 (You'll have to check with Apple which version supports prior OS's like XP or Vista). If you have an older Windows OSX the Apple Bootcamp site ( Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support ) will be your guide as XP, Vista etc are not really supported much now but there are links in the FAQs.

Very sound advice (pun intended 😉 ). There is a very nice matrix at System requirements to install Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp - Apple Support.

May 20, 2015 4:40 AM in response to Loner T

Cheers Loner T, I had seen that link on my travels to fix the sound issue, but I'd looked at so much, I plain forgot.😁

I suppose most folks want to know about Win 7 or 8 onward and as the latest OSX generally updates Bootcamp assistant, hopefully for most people, the problem is purely the mis-ordering of driver installs the original Windows install does, and the above solution fixes that.

May 21, 2015 4:53 PM in response to stuartcook777

Good evening , I tried all the procedures that have been spoken , but my MBP 13 beginning in 2011 only installs windows 8 or 8.1 UEFI mode, the Bootcamp it restarts and is black screen and the MBP is like being turned off , however in my view it this caught , already waited more hours and not leave the black screen. created with the USB drivers , left plugged into the MBP as he restarted , took the test without the USB and all test always latch on the black screen. As I understand it , the audio drive does not work for that was installed using the UEFI mode, but I can not get him to install the windows without being in UEFI mode . someone could help me ? I wanted to turn the windows into my MBP necessity reasons. hesitate a secret q I can the boot without using the UEFI mode? Thank you ! Another detail , not in UEFI mode can not install windows 7. Sorry translating , I am Brazilian and I used google translator to help me 🙂 .

PT_BR:

Boa noite, tentei todos os procedimentos que aqui foram falados, porém meu MBP 13 inicio 2011 so instala windows 8 ou 8.1 em modo UEFI, pelo Bootcamp ele reinicia e fica tela preta e o MBP é como se estivesse desligado, porem no meu ver ele esta travado, ja esperei mais de horas e nao sai da tela preta. criei o USB com os drivers, deixei plugado no MBP enquanto ele reiniciava, fiz o teste sem o USB e em todos os teste sempre trava na tela preta. Pelo que entendi, o drive de audio nao funciona por que foi instalado usando o modo UEFI, mas nao consigo fazer com que ele instale o windows sem ser no modo UEFI. alguem poderia me ajudar ? queria muito rodar o windows dentro do meu MBP por motivos de necessidade. exite algum segredo q eu possa da boot sem usar o modo UEFI? Obrigado! Outro detalhe, nem em modo UEFI consigo instalar o windows 7. Desculpe a traduçao, sou brasileiro e usei o google tradutor para me ajudar :).

No Audio ( Bootcamp )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.