Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Native Instruments Kontakt AU plugin issues after 10.1.1 update

Hello, looks like 10.1.1 brought some unwanted side-effects. All Kontakt AU plugin interfaces are having severe UI issues. The Kontakt libraries are working just fine under Kontakt 5 standalone player and also as AU plugins in Reaper, but not in Logic Pro X. I tried reinstalling one library, but it did not help.

Example from Action Strings:
User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2015 10:56 AM

Update Kontakt via NI's Service Manager

No problems here with K5 v5.4.3's GUI and LPX 10.1.1 and OS X 10.10.2

Failing that.. Contact NI Support....

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/contact-support/

...as it is not a LPX related issue....

23 replies

Mar 6, 2015 3:43 AM in response to tomuinen

Still the same issue, even after doing a fresh OS X install (and naturally with fresh installs of Logic Pro X and Komplete)

Garageband has the same problem, however it has not been updated recently, so could the problem lie somewhere in the common libraries both GBand and Logic use?

And in addition, before installing everything from scratch, I tried yet another daw's, Ardour and Renoise, and no issues whatsoever with those, so the loop is tightening around LPX 10.1.1 and Yosemite 10.10.2

I have one option left; to install Mavericks through Internet Recovery (hopefully it works this time, yesterday it gave me error code 2003, but few weeks ago I was able to install Mavericks, however I did it to test completely different problem and already wiped that install)

Mar 8, 2015 5:30 PM in response to tomuinen

Note, as i said in my first post....

No problems here with K5's GUI and LPX 10.1.1 and OS X 10.10.2

I just tested the same K5 Lib as you took a screenshot of and again, no such issues....

User uploaded file

Nigel,

I wonder if it could be a MacBook Pro Retina issue?

Well, thats a good question...... and one i cannot answer as i don't have a Retina Mac unfortunately.... Maybe Screen Rez related?

However I have seen this issue when a user has incorrectly/manually installed or moved a library..... as the overlay/Graphical resource files (the part that is being drawn over the top of the main screen) have been either placed in the wrong location.... or have been deleted from the original location or are now located in the wrong location and have become unlinked from the K5 lib itself...

The correct initial location for the resources/graphical files should be... (replacing the items between < and > with whatever is appropriate for your setup)

<System Drive>/Users/Shared/NI Resources/Image/<Name of K5 Lib>

As an example, In my case, the Action Strings Resource files are located in

Macintosh HD/Users//Shared/NI Resources/Image/action strings

Native Instruments Kontakt AU plugin issues after 10.1.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.