Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a reasonably comprehensive Users Manual for Pages buried somewhere in the vast lists of files?

Is there a reasonably comprehensive Users Manual for Pages buried somewhere in the vast and hallowed halls (files) of Pages? I'm talking about everything such as how to save several files at once, cause the date to be updated every time a file is opened (as an option), & some of the more esoterica such as creating placeholders for text or graphics to added later, is there any artwork stored on boared, how to create personalized keyboard shortcuts, etc, etc

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:06 AM

7 replies

Mar 3, 2015 9:36 AM in response to My evil twin

The only user manual for Pages v5 is in the Help menu. For Pages '09, it is on this page, not on that application's help menu (link broke). Since these two applications are essentially aliens to each other, the Pages '09 content will not help much with Pages v5 or later.

Continue to visit the Pages Support Community as problem solving and how-to information continually appears for both applications.

Mar 6, 2015 1:43 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Thank you, Tom.

This is more like the "Comprehensive" I was asking about. The Chapters seem pretty broad & I haven't had a chance to go through them carefully but it looks like this is what I was looking for.

It's a little worrisome, however, that I am a) the only guy in the world who needs such a Manual or b) didn't know about this little nook in Apple's musty old basement.

And now for a separate but unrelated question, What is all this level 9, 74,270 points, and M10L MAC all about? Am I the only guy in the world who doesn't know about this, too? I sure wish the overlords would let me out of the cave more often. As it is, I find daylight so blinding.

My own narcissistic needs notwithstanding, thank you again Tom, I expect this to be a great help. Thank you and good night...

Mar 7, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Its-me-Luigi

Thank you "It's me Luigi".

Who knew? Rewarding people for doing good deeds… Fantastic! I think I'm going to make at least a brief perusal this Community whenever I have the opportunity. This seems a tremendously valuable support resource, albeit a somewhat invisible one. Of course having been an Apple(™) user since the late 1980's, I should have expected nothing less.

Thank you all for your help & thank you Apple(™) for facilitating this.

Jim

Is there a reasonably comprehensive Users Manual for Pages buried somewhere in the vast lists of files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.