Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule mounts with weird "EasySuite" CD icon

I realize that this sounds almost crazy, but I'll give it a go anyway:

I took a used 2TB (4th Gen) Time Capsule as barter for some service work I did for an older client whose adult children keep sabotaging his Apple equipment (don't ask - I'd have to write a book).

When I attempt to set the TC up, I repeatedly get a CD icon on my Desktop with the filename "EasySuite." Get Info shows it as a volume formatted on December 31, 1969 as ISO 9660 (Joliet) - and, of course, read-only.

Steps I have taken thus far to rectify the issue:

• Removed the 2TB HD & reformatted it (Zeroed out) using Disk Utility

• Replaced it in the TC case, and remounted it (with the same "EasySuite" CD icon result) & reformatted it yet again using Airport Utility (Zeroing it out again).

The drive appears to function normally in all respects, once connected over my LAN, but the appearance of that extra, seemingly superfluous, icon is really confounding me.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how this occurred, and how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance,

Ron Herrmann

Former Apple Consultant

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Quad Core

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 7:18 PM

1 reply

Mar 3, 2015 9:46 PM in response to Ron Herrmann

Easy Suite is USB cable and application to transfer files.. as with many things.. it is almost like spamware.. and once in is hard to get out again.

EasySuite mounts every few minutes, no way to remove it

It sounds like you have certainly cleaned off anything on the drive.. a low level format from the Airport Utility is more than adequate..

My guess is it jumped across when you initially plugged it in and turned it on..

It has nothing to do with the TC now.. it is hiding somewhere on your computer..

I recommend you turn on show hidden files in finder and do a search for it.. but I don't see much info on how to remove it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.