Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus? A profile permission window popped up after I add a new contact

After I have added a new contact to my address book, this window popped up.

Sorry about the Chinese.

It says "Cannot verify server identity. Facebook cannot verify the identity of "webdav.facebook.com".

User uploaded file

If I tap the "detailed information", it shows:

User uploaded file

For the record, I've never jailbroken my iPhone before. I don't know how it happened...

Is this a virus? I just got my iPhone 6 for 3 weeks, although it was restored with my iPhone 5 backup.

I couldn't find any information about this on Google. Would anyone help me please?

Here are some more pictures:

the Characters are: Serial No, Organization Unitx3, common name, etc. Thanks!

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 3, 2015 9:50 PM

11 replies

Mar 4, 2015 5:04 PM in response to thomas_r.

Thanks for your reply.

AS you can see on the pic, I was using LTE cellula... so it's a 'much more serious problem' then 😟

Is it virus or what? I have no idea how it got in…

Also, I'm sure, well, kind of, many others had the same issue...

I tought there weren't, but actually it's because the URL in the profile might be different.…I think

Mar 4, 2015 5:29 PM in response to Noctis

Noctis wrote:

Is it virus or what?

No, it's not a virus.

I'm unfamiliar with using Facebook from an iPhone, because I generally avoid Facebook. However, it sounds like deggie has experience with this message, so I would pay attention to his suggestion.

However, if that's not the issue in your case, this looks like something dishonest is going on, probably on the network level.I can't read the Chinese in your screenshots, but if the certificate your phone is using for webdav.facebook.com actually belongs to www.hracky-4kids.cz, that's a serious problem. If that's the case, and since you were not connected to a wifi network at the time, other people using your cellular carrier should be having the problem. Using a VPN could solve the problem.

Mar 4, 2015 6:47 PM in response to thomas_r.

I receive like 20 of these messages everyday, and it seems like I'm far from the only one in China. The problem appears to be widespread among iOS users in China since the beginning of the year. Some sort of malicious software, or the authorities somehow messing up with Facebook. Does anyone have any idea of how to make the wretched messages stop? It's really annoying.

Mar 5, 2015 1:15 AM in response to thomas_r.

I don't use Facebook either, maybe you already knew that the notorious GFW is blocking it so...

Again, I'm not sure Facebook is the problem. As you mentioned, the setting profile actually belongs to hrack-4kids.cz.

Since it is not jailbroken, and I didn't install any suspicious settin profile, I think it's kinda a serious issue.

I could try to call Apple for suppor, but those Chinese Apple Geniuses are more like recorders than solvers....

Maybe I can submit this to Apple.com/feedback? Although I've never got an feedback from it ...lol

Mar 5, 2015 4:05 AM in response to Noctis

If this is a problem with your cellular service provider snooping on your data, that's not something Apple can help you with. If you are able to do so (no idea whether the GFW will allow it), using a VPN based outside China would help. Something like Freedome, from Finland-based F-Secure, would be good:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/f-secure-freedome-vpn/id771791010

However, I believe I may have read somewhere that the GFW may prevent this kind of thing. Beyond that, this is outside my area of expertise... I know very little about the GFW and Chinese government snooping, and how to circumvent those things.

Mar 6, 2015 5:06 AM in response to thomas_r.

Thanks for your recommendation, I'm using a chargeable VPN service actually.

However, I think the GFW won't or can't snooping anything, it's just basically have a blacklist kind of thing... Block them all, low-level technic, lol

I just realized that I even don't have Facebook installed in my iPhone...

errr, anyway I'm having a 'clean installation' tonight, see if it still happens.

goobye my sms logs lol

Mar 6, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Noctis

Noctis wrote:

Thanks for your recommendation, I'm using a chargeable VPN service actually.

Ahh, if you are already using a VPN, that's actually the likely source of the problem. Stop using the VPN and see if the problem disappears.

I just realized that I even don't have Facebook installed in my iPhone...

iOS 8 includes direct support for Facebook, without needing the Facebook app. In addition, the "webdav.facebook.com" address suggests that server is a webdav calendar server. I'm not familiar with it, so I'm not sure what it's used for, but other apps (such as Calendar) are involved in connecting to webdav servers.

Mar 9, 2015 10:34 PM in response to thomas_r.

Bad news 😟

I made a clean installation of my iPhone, similar windows still popped up. No VPN, nor any other suspicious apps/profiles.

Only this time, it says it's "youtube.com" instead of "facebook"...another site which is popular in many other countries.

The general name became "www.solspace.com".

What's wrong with my iPhone 😟

Virus? A profile permission window popped up after I add a new contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.