Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot the password and now my itouch is disabled plus my home button is broken. how can i restore my disabled itouch without using the home button?

i forgot the password and now my itouch is disabled plus my home button is broken. how can i restore my disabled itouch without using the home button?

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 5, 2015 5:37 PM

3 replies

Mar 6, 2015 12:15 AM in response to rbvv

I Know one thing to say it for you

THERE IS NO WAY TO RESTORE IT only one way and this is format it by pressing the home botton and the upper botton or if it is a iphone 6 press the one on the right for ten seconds after connecting to iTunes, then press the home botton for five seconds after that the device will be detected then press restore iPhone after it finished The iphone is like a new iphone

Mar 6, 2015 12:20 AM in response to rbvv

Don't know that you need the Home button for the instructions on this link:

iOS: Device Disabled

Follow the instructions that best apply to your situation. Once you get your device up and running again, use Settings>General>Accessibility - scroll towards the bottom and turn on Assistive Touch so you at least will have a Home button on your screen.

Best to get the Home button fixed ASAP. If you run into an issue that requires a reset, you will be in a world of hurt....

GB

Mar 6, 2015 1:17 AM in response to rbvv

If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone and use Remote Wipe to erase the contents of your device. If you have been using iCloud to back up, you may be able to restore the most recent backup to reset the passcode after the device has been erased.

You can also wipe the iOS device by installing the FindMyiPhone app on another iOS device and using that app to wipe the device.

Otherwise use the instructions in this previous discussion for placing the iPod in Recovery mode and then restoring via iTunes

Turn on without Home/Power Button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.