Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.2 apps are crashing iPhone 6

Just downloaded iOS 8.2. rebooted the phone after installing and apps are crashing again.

Just beware if you are using iPhone 6 (I have a 128GB version) this update may not be 100% stable.

If you don't need to upgrade yet I would consider not bothering or at least wait a few days.

Considering rebuilding the entire phone again just to rule out that but to be honest after doing so several times since 8.1.2 I'm kinda getting fed up.

😢

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, 128Gb

Posted on Mar 9, 2015 2:29 PM

58 replies

Mar 9, 2015 4:09 PM in response to DMarsh

Update: I have done the following.

Deleted the offending crashing apps into the trash from my Mac.

Deleted the trash.

Restored phone to factory settings

Set up the new iPhone.

Installed apps that weren't crashing on to phone via Mac.

Then downloaded new versions of the apps which were crashing from the App Store.

Result? Some of the apps are still crashing.

FYI. All the apps which are crashing have recently had updates to run on the new version of iOS 8.1.3 or 8.2

*Shrug*

Carry on I guess until the next iOS update or the apps get updated themselves.

Mar 11, 2015 11:36 AM in response to DMarsh

I'm experiencing the exact same behavior. Stupid me for jumping on this upgrade w/o researching issues first...i'm in the industry and absolutely "know better".

128GB version

Almost all "non-native" apps are crashing (e.g. facebook, paper, whatsapp, instagram, twitter, chrome, evernote, waze, zendesk, hyperlapse, linkedin...basically any daily use app)

Exact behavior is that the app appears to open, connect to interweb for data, then bombs out, but not the hard crash, the softer iOS 8 transition from one thing to the next crash, if that makes any sense

iOS 8.2 apps are crashing iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.