Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1549 support LTE in India

Hi All,

A 1549 will support 4G(LTE) in India?

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 12:00 AM

43 replies

Oct 25, 2017 10:31 PM in response to Shreyas Ravindra

Hi Shreyas,

Same issue for A1549 (AT&T - officially unlocked after 2 yrs contract).

My experience: in Pune

Using Vodafone - LTE and 3G doesn't work - only 2G will work

With Airtel - Doesn't work at all

With Jio - working perfectly fine!

with Idea - 2G and 3G works, LTE doesn't work

I visited idea 3 times, Apple store twice, but no luck. Tried all options given in this forum and many others, but no luck.

Done factory reset 3 times. 😟

In General-About-Carrier - for idea it is showing "Carrier 29.0" - for Jio it is "Jio 29.0".

Do you have any clue about it? Can Idea help to push correct carrier version or should I contact Apple? Or may be AT&T?

Oct 25, 2017 11:11 PM in response to sansonar

Hey,

I think it is got to do with your network settings and nothing with Apple. If you have an official unlocked phone then your phone is good to use. Now, you can call up Airtel/Jio or whatever to reset your network and cellular settings. I had a problem like this in the past with iPhone 6 and I never got 4G. So when I asked them they had to reset the network settings. After that it started to work.
Sometimes if your verification isn't complete, they limit your bandwidth as well. See if your verification etc. is complete and then get in touch with them

Shrey

Oct 26, 2017 7:27 AM in response to sansonar

In addition to what Shreyas has suggested, 4G/LTE requires a different SIM with some carriers, so contact whichever carrier you want to use and see if you need a 4G SIM.

Also, I assume you are not getting the message "This SIM is not supported" - if you are, the phone is not unlocked from AT&T. If you do not get that message there is no reason to contact AT&T; they have nothing to do with your phone anymore.

You should also go to Settings/General/Reset and choose Reset network settings. This will clear any Wi-Fi passwords, but will not cause any other data loss.

Mar 10, 2015 10:04 PM in response to wegras

Hi All,

Please check the below link mentioned about both FDDLTE and TD LTE bands.As of my knowledge A1549 will support FDD LTE(LTE) bands from (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29).meand when 1800 MHZ signal comes A1549 will support.

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/iphone/iphone-faq/differences-between-ipho ne-6-models.html

Jun 7, 2015 11:13 PM in response to saimanoharp

A1549 NOT SUPPORTING 4G AirTel Chennai

We just tried it on my friend's iPhone 6 model A1549 with my Airtel 4g sim card. Though the LTE option is selected, the signal indicator shows only 3G. Location is Chennai, where AirTel is claiming to operate at LTE Band 3 (FD-1800mhz).

Interestingly, my telco expert friend wondered why our Indian telco's are using the Dongle's TD spectrum for mobile phones in India.

Apr 4, 2016 3:48 AM in response to saimanoharp

Hey, its quite interesting to read. I too have a A1549 iPhone 6 and after checking with Airtel I upgraded my plan to 4G. So initially when upgraded the plan, it was supporting LTE. See the figure attached below

User uploaded file

Then I upgraded the OS and it asked me if I wanted to update the SIM settings. After which it stopped working. It never worked after that. I am not sure what went wrong over there. I tried everything

1. Resetting Network Settings

2. Replacing my 4G SIM

3. Factory Resetting my phone

4. Everything

Nothing worked. I even upgraded to iOS 9.3 but still same problem. Now I have just given up 😟

A1549 support LTE in India

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.