Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm activating iPad mini is saying activation server is temporarily unavailable since yesterday. Is the problem with iPad or the server is not really unavailable?

I'm activating iPad mini is saying activation server is temporarily unavailable since yesterday. Is the problem with iPad or the server is not really unavailable?

iPad Mini, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 10, 2015 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 4:15 AM

See this thread Status_Code_Error

4 replies

Mar 11, 2015 12:54 PM in response to ianfromlaguna

There are many issues at the moment, I think. Mac App store, Mac iBook Store, iTunes Store are not available due to " status code error.

IPad had a similar error earlier, but it seems over now. I have access to iBook store (and I see all my books, which is not the case in IBooks on the Mac), I have access to iTunes Store, but iTunes music (on the iPad) is a bit slow in loading iTunes Match.

Jun 28, 2015 4:51 AM in response to Vince joseph

4 possible causes for that error message:

1] Activation server is actually down. Very rare occurrence, and of short duration when it

does happen. Solution - try again.

2] Your firewall and/or antivirus software are preventing the necessary connection. Solution -

temporarily disable your firewall and/or antivirus software until the activation completes.

3] computer being used for activation has been used to jailbreak an iOS device in the past.

Solution - use a different computer.

4] iPad has been jailbroken. Google may provide some direction, but jailbreaks often prevent

updates from succeeding. Per Terms of Use for this forum, discussion of jailbroken iPads is

prohibited.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.