Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you cancel a current export job?

I have a very large video that is taking hours to export, but need to work on a different project. Is the only way to wait until the current video export is done?

If I click the top pie-progress-indicator, I can see the 20-hour video exporting, but have no control to cancel it.

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 11:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2017 11:23 PM

For anyone whose problem persisted after trying the above solutions, try opening up the activity monitor and using it to force quit the encoder task. I used this to permanently cancel several theater uploads that were stuck repeating in the queue.

19 replies

Apr 16, 2016 11:20 AM in response to Syncronaut

I don't see the black dot either. I see the estimated time to complete, then nothing to the right.

iMovie keeps trying to export another project (not the one I'm working on) and I can't cancel the export (share), even when quitting and starting back up.

iMovie is great, but sometimes it's just nice to be able to save a project in a file somewhere, or save an export, etc. They're a little over-controlling that way 🙂

Jul 31, 2016 3:22 AM in response to BramMac

I've just done a test - the cross appears when you click the 'pie chart' progress indicator only when you are not sharing to theater.

When sharing to theater there is no cross here but you can cancel the export with the cross to the right of the linear progress indicator in the window which appears:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Geoff.

How do you cancel a current export job?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.