Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are emails to my me.com address bouncing back to the senders?

Friends are trying to email me at the @me.com address I've been using for years, but in the last few days I've been hearing how their emails are being bounced back to them? What is the cause of this and how can I fix this??

Posted on Mar 12, 2015 6:59 PM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2015 7:07 PM in response to astamm78

This is the message that's being sent when emails to me get bounced back:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

XXXXXXXXXXXX@me.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain me.com by mx4.mail.icloud.com. [17.172.34.66].

The error that the other server returned was:

451 4.5.3 Too many rejections; try again later.

astamm78 wrote:

Friends are trying to email me at the @me.com address I've been using for years, but in the last few days I've been hearing how their emails are being bounced back to them? What is the cause of this and how can I fix this??

Mar 16, 2015 1:28 PM in response to astamm78

Same problem occurred to me starting this weekend!

At first, two emails (both from Gmail) failed to reach my iCloud inbox on time.

Later today, I did a test with different email service providers (gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc), out of 9 emails sent, 2 emails from one of my google accounts never delivered.

I've been an email junkie and used iCloud/mobileMe as primary email for over five years, this is the first time I encountered something like this with iCloud mail.

Similar user report could be found on macrumors forum http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1856290 and on apple support community Over the weekend my @me.com email address was failing to communicate with @gmail.com email addresses. What needs to be … (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6877788)

Why are emails to my me.com address bouncing back to the senders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.