Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages not Syncing between iCloud and MacBook

Before Yosemite and iOS 8 it was perfectly able the synchronization among my Macbook Pro, iPhone and iPad related to iWork products. Now this is not such. I can not work in a fiable manner neither Pages, Numbers nor Keynote in my laptop because the synchronization takes not less than 24 hour, if I have enough luck, with iCloud and then with my devices. I can't work this apps in my laptop because I'am going in and out of my office an I can't wait for synchronization before I can go out with confidence that my files synchronized and I can continue my work anywhere.

Now I'm working directly on iCloud.com and of course, I can't use all functionality of my Pages/Notes/Kaynote's laptop.

Last year I turn out from Windows world to Mac with all my devices because I was confident that apple is the best of the best on fiability and quality, so this is annoying just for say it in an easy way. Is a great disappoint.

Does anybody know what the **** is going on?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2015 4:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2015 9:14 AM

I have this problem too. Until one month ago or so, syncing was excellent. The last month the iWork-products sync not, delayed or slow. Other apps sync stil well. Very annoying. I hope this problem is solved very quickly. The only solution is the old fashiond way: working on one device only. Anyway, the slogan 'it just works' is history.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Raisender

I have this problem too. Until one month ago or so, syncing was excellent. The last month the iWork-products sync not, delayed or slow. Other apps sync stil well. Very annoying. I hope this problem is solved very quickly. The only solution is the old fashiond way: working on one device only. Anyway, the slogan 'it just works' is history.

Mar 21, 2015 8:18 PM in response to Douglas Noll

On with tech support chat. He offered the following link. Big work around. I told him this is just since yesterday. He's looking for other solutions. Maybe its a glitch that will resolve over night??

Well its its not letting me paste the link. It has you copying all docs into other file and then on and offing the pages, etc. I'm not doing it yet. I'll give this a chance to work it out. I have too many docs - then again maybe this is not a secure system maybe good to save docs to hard drive.

Are the pages on a laptop automatically save on the hard drive like word docs?

chat tech is now checking with senior advisor

Mar 22, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Douglas Noll

Just wanted to let you know I was on the phone for hours last night and today with Apple - dealing with iCloud and App department. After being bumped up to senior advisors on both accounts it was determined it needed to go up to the Engineers. For better service I was asked to create a temporary password so the Engineers could access my iCloud / pages account.

Evidently we are not the only ones reporting this problem. Seems likely to be a server problem on their side. I followed one of the suggestions on an another page and ended up losing all my pages docs on iPad. But before I did anything I made backups on my laptop of all my important Pages docs. All of the docs are still on iCloud, on my Mac and on my phone - they are just not syncing. Oh by the way, some of the docs have showed back up on my iPad but only in updating mode. Can't open them.

Since it's a relatively new issue (just started for me on Friday) you may wish to call them to create more squeaky wheels and hopefully will motivate them to solve this sooner than later!

Mar 22, 2015 11:45 AM in response to Douglas Noll

I did the most recent update yesterday that was sitting for a few days in Apps - thinking it could help which it didn't. Not sure if that is the one you are referring to. I noticed the situation Friday May 20th when recent edits or new pages weren't finishing updating. My last successful sync was May 19th. Before that the 16th. I was not on pages between 16th-19.th

Mar 23, 2015 3:45 AM in response to Keesanswer

Yeah, I'm going through the same issue as everyone here - first my Mac last week would only occasionally sync (and even then it was only if I restarted the computer), then over the weekend it just stopped all of a sudden. If i make a change or a new doc on iCloud.com it's downloaded and updated on every device, but if I were to make a change on a device it doesn't upload to the cloud. It's not just Pages, it's also happening in Keynote and Numbers for me.

Pages not Syncing between iCloud and MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.