Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The item "Recent" in the Inspector

Does anyone know how to deal with the item "Recent" in the Inspector. In my Library it shows that there are 32 Recent items, but when I click on it 'No' items show up. I have tried everything that I can think of to display these 'mystery' items, but I cannot find any. Can anyone help unravel this mystery? Thanks

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 22, 2015 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2015 12:21 AM

The "Recent" album is a smart album. It will show you the last project you selected from the "Project" view.

User uploaded file

Try to select the all Projects view and open another project this way. The "Recent" should change to the new project you selected.

Compare the numbers. Are you seeing the same number of photos in the project as in recent?

If not, clear all filters on the current projects. Any filters you set in the search field of the browser will stay with the project or album, even after you switch the browser to another library item.

If their are still discrepencies between the numbers, you may have a hidden filter. Then try Frank Caggiano's user tip:

See Images not appearing in browser, search filter is cleared

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2015 12:21 AM in response to me.victor

The "Recent" album is a smart album. It will show you the last project you selected from the "Project" view.

User uploaded file

Try to select the all Projects view and open another project this way. The "Recent" should change to the new project you selected.

Compare the numbers. Are you seeing the same number of photos in the project as in recent?

If not, clear all filters on the current projects. Any filters you set in the search field of the browser will stay with the project or album, even after you switch the browser to another library item.

If their are still discrepencies between the numbers, you may have a hidden filter. Then try Frank Caggiano's user tip:

See Images not appearing in browser, search filter is cleared

Mar 23, 2015 9:35 AM in response to léonie

Thanks léonie for taking the time to reply to my question, I appreciate your answer, but in reviewing it I realize that I had not presented my question correctly. What you asked about having the same number of photos in the recent Project listed under "Recent" as in the selected Project is correct, they do agree.

My question was not worded properly, it should have read, "In my Library it shows that there are 32 'Rejected' (not Recent!) items, but when I click on it 'No' items show up. I have tried everything that I can think of to display these 'mystery' items, but I cannot find any. Can anyone help unravel this mystery? Thanks"

FYI, I have also checked that there are 'No" filters in the search field at the time.

I will amend my question, thanks again.

Mar 23, 2015 12:40 PM in response to me.victor

Just to be clear, the search fields are set to "Showing All" and not to "Unrated or better"?

User uploaded file

You may have a hidden filter set on the "Rejected" album.

Try Frank Caggiano's user tip I pointed to. Images not appearing in browser, search filter is cleared

Create a new smart album, and with the "Smart settings" HUD for this album open open select the "Rejected" album.

Change the settings to "Rating is less than or equal to 'x'"

User uploaded file

That should repair any hidden filters.

Mar 24, 2015 7:18 AM in response to léonie

Thanks again léonie, sorry but this did not reveal or clear the 'non-showing 32 rejected items. I really appreciate your time and efforts on this problem, I am very pleased to be a part of such a community as we have here, people with a common bond helping one another! Great!

However, I am happy to report that I had another suggestion from GeoCo, who suggested the following:

So you are saying that the Rejected album in the Recents section of the browser indicates that there are 32 images in the album but when you click on the album nothing shows?

Makes sure that there are no flags set on the album or on the browser when the album is open. You can also do a library repair. If neither of those fix the problem post back a screen shot of Aperture with the Rejected album open and the browser active.

I did the 'library repair' as he suggested and voilà, the rejected items are gone and another project was created "Recovered Photos" in which there were 18 'lost' photos. I am very pleased. Thanks to all, Victor

The item "Recent" in the Inspector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.