Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call log shows NO CALLER ID for people in my contacts

I just updated software to IOS 8.2 on my iPhone 4s. What a headache. First all my contacts and Text massages disappeared. After second back up/restore Text messages and Contacts back, but my call log is all messed up. Most of the calls from people that are in my contacts show up as NO CALLER ID. It doesn't show their name, nor their phone number. It does, however, show whether it's their Mobile, Home or Work number. This means that call log is somehow "communicating" with my contact list to know that it's their mobile or home number, but why doesn't it show their name or the actual phone number?

This is really annoying!!! Apple tech support stated it's a glitch in the software and wanted to wipe my phone again and do a manual back up/restore from iTunes, but they said I would lose all my text messages and Contacts. How is that a solution to a problem???

(I have a restraining order against someone, but they still contact me, so I need a history of my text messages and call log displaying that person's info, showing that he's been contacting me. So it is crucial for me to have these 2 tools available and working properly! Does anyone else have a same problem? Anyone knows if there is a fix for it?

(See screen shot of my Call log below)

User uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2015 5:09 AM

Apple gave you the fix. I know that's not what you want to hear, but sometimes the solution to an iPhone problem is to reset it to factory defaults. If you need the ability to see the source of phone calls, you need to follow the instructions Apple gives.

Please see the instructions at Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2015 5:09 AM in response to SweetyUSD

Apple gave you the fix. I know that's not what you want to hear, but sometimes the solution to an iPhone problem is to reset it to factory defaults. If you need the ability to see the source of phone calls, you need to follow the instructions Apple gives.

Please see the instructions at Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Mar 24, 2015 5:15 AM in response to OldGnome

OldGnome.

Thanks for your response, but fix that apple suggested is not a fix at all. As I stated in my post, I need my contact list, as well as text messages and especially the history of my CALL LOG, for legal reasons, if nothing else. So Apple's so called fix, which will remove all my contact, text messages and call history is not a solution for me.

Mar 24, 2015 5:53 AM in response to OldGnome

OldGnome

Thanks for the info. Yes I did explain everything to Apple tech support supervisor that I spoke with and she said that the only way to fix my call log issue is to restore the phone from iTunes manually and that I would definitely lose my contacts, Text messages and call log. She did not give me any suggestions or options on backing up that info some other way and then importing it back to the iPhone.

I'll try the links you listed when I get home and hopefully it will work for me.

Thanks again for your help :-)

Call log shows NO CALLER ID for people in my contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.