Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open iPhoto after upgrading to SSD.

1. I have verified disk permission.

2. I have deleted and reinstalled iPhoto.

3. I can see the library which copied over doing a disk migration, all 53 GB of it.

4. I downloaded iPhoto Library Manager which can see all the images and albums but cannot rebuild library.

5. When I try to open iPhoto or the library I get this message:

Process: iPhoto [773]

Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto

Identifier: com.apple.iPhoto

Version: ???

Build Info: iPhotoProject-910042000000000~1

App Item ID: 408981381

App External ID: 811998964

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: iPhoto [773]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-03-25 21:53:29.064 +1100

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)

Report Version: 11

Anonymous UUID: 05DFBDC5-217E-7445-1760-46450C6043B6

Time Awake Since Boot: 2900 seconds

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/NyxAudioAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/NyxAudioAnalysis

Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Frameworks/iLifeSlideshow.framework/Versions/ A/iLifeSlideshow

Reason: no suitable image found. Did find:

/Library/Frameworks/NyxAudioAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/NyxAudioAnalysis: stat() failed with errno=13

/Library/Frameworks/NyxAudioAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/NyxAudioAnalysis: stat() failed with errno=13

.... and the rest

PLEASE HELP I REALLY LIKED IPHOTO... ALSO I AM NOT SURE HOW TO GRAB ALL MY PHOTOS OUT OF THE LIBRARY NOW...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2015 4:17 AM

The error message is showing a missing dynamic library in your system library.

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: /Library/Frameworks/NyxAudioAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/NyxAudioAnalysis

Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/Frameworks/iLifeSlideshow.framework/Versions/ A/iLifeSlideshow

Reason: image not found

Reinstall MacOS X by booting into Recovery. That is the safest way to fix this problem.

See this link: OS X: About OS X Recovery

To start your computer from Recovery, restart your Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

User uploaded file

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window with the options listed above. If you see a login window or your own desktop instead of the Utilities window, it's possible that you didn't press Command-R early enough. Restart your computer and try again.

Choose the option you want to use from the Utilities window or the Utilities menu.

Reinstalling the system from Recovery will only replace the system files. Your Applications folder and the Users folder with your Home folder will remain untouched, if you do not intentionally erase your system drive before reinstalling. So it will be quick and easy, since you do not need to reinstall anything else.

But do not forget to make a backup of your Mac before reinstalling. It is an essential safety measure.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2015 4:17 AM in response to Julz Vern

The error message is showing a missing dynamic library in your system library.

Dyld Error Message:

Reason: image not found

Reinstall MacOS X by booting into Recovery. That is the safest way to fix this problem.

See this link: OS X: About OS X Recovery

To start your computer from Recovery, restart your Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

User uploaded file

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window with the options listed above. If you see a login window or your own desktop instead of the Utilities window, it's possible that you didn't press Command-R early enough. Restart your computer and try again.

Choose the option you want to use from the Utilities window or the Utilities menu.

Reinstalling the system from Recovery will only replace the system files. Your Applications folder and the Users folder with your Home folder will remain untouched, if you do not intentionally erase your system drive before reinstalling. So it will be quick and easy, since you do not need to reinstall anything else.

But do not forget to make a backup of your Mac before reinstalling. It is an essential safety measure.

Mar 25, 2015 4:55 AM in response to Julz Vern

To use the built-in recovery disk to reinstall OS X while keeping your files and user settings intact.

Important: You must be connected to the Internet to reinstall OS X.

1. Choose Apple menu > Restart. Once your Mac restarts (and the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.
  2. If you’re not connected to the Internet, choose a network from the Wi-Fi menu (in the top-right corner of the screen).
  3. Select Reinstall OS X, then click Continue.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions. In the pane where you select a disk, select your current OS X disk (in most cases, it’s the only one available).

As I said above, reinstalling the system will not erase any of your applications or your data. You do not have to wipe the drive and start over.

Reinstalling will just replace the system by a fresh copy, including the system libraries.

iPhoto cannot work, if it cannot access some of the system libraries with essential code.

Mar 27, 2015 1:46 AM in response to Julz Vern

It looks like you were having a problem with your Recovery Partition.

Recovery comes in two modes: Internet recovery and regular recovery mode. Both are behaving differently:

Internet recovery will reinstall the system that came with your Mac and regular recovery the current system you last installed:
OS X: About OS X Recovery

Which version of OS X is installed by OS X Recovery?

• If you use the Recovery System stored on your startup drive to reinstall OS X, it installs the most recent version of OS X previously installed on this computer.
  • If you use Internet Recovery to reinstall OS X, it installs the version of OS X that originally came with your computer. After installation is finished, use the Mac App Store to install related updates or later versions of OS X that you have previously purchased.

Your recovery system is trying to reinstall Lion.

You could try two things: Try, if Software Update will fix this. You have not installed the latest Yosemite update; your error log is showing "Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)". Perhaps recovery will work better, if you start from the current, last release.

if you are still having the problem after the system update, ask in the Yosemite forum how to fix the Recovery Partition, or use a quick-and-dirty shortcut for the problem at hand and patch the system using the Terminal, if you are comfortable with the Terminal and Try the fix posted by

ptw

Re: iPhoto doesn't work

This article on Stack Exchange worked for me. In the Terminal app:

sudo ln -s /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NyxAudioAnalysis.framework/ /Library/Frameworks/

And you should be back in business. I think Apple screwed up with their latest iPhoto update.

The Terminal command above will work, if the missing library is installed but not linked correctly. It pits a symbolic like to the missing NyxAudioAnalysis.framework into the Library Frameworks folder.

But be very careful when typing anything into the Terminal. Check any command you type carefully, because errors can be dangerous.

Mar 27, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Julz Vern

Do you see Yosemite on your Purchases tab at the AppStore? Then try to reinstall directly from the App Store. If that does not work, ask in the Yosemite forum how to solve the problem with the Recovery Partition.

Otherwise I see only the option to back up your mac and reinstall by wiping the drive, then restore from Time Machine. That would be a bit drastic.

Mar 27, 2015 4:01 PM in response to Julz Vern

Is it possible to go back to an older version of iPhoto and seeing if this work.

Is it possible the error is occurring due to an update of iPhoto?

No to both questions.

• Only if 9.6 will run on Yosemite 10.10.2. The iPhoto 9.6 update is a compatibility update for Yosemite. And even, if an earlier version of iphoto could run on Yosemite, it would not be able thread your iphoto library.
  • iPhoto does not modify that part of the system library. The Yosemite installation has been incomplete.

Cannot open iPhoto after upgrading to SSD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.