Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"The requested resource was not found."

Hello,

I currently have the latest version of iTunes: 12.1.0.50

I have two songs in my music library at the moment that somehow cannot retrieve the album artwork. All my other 1925 songs in my library has been able to "Get Album Artwork", however, there are just these two songs in my library that cannot get album artwork. I have matched every detail that is displayed on the iTunes Store for these two tracks and iTunes simply cannot get the album artworks. Whenever I click "Get Album Artwork", it says: "Artwork for ___________________ could not be found. The requested resource was not found." This has been happening for weeks now and I have been continuously attempting to get the album artworks and it is not succeeding. It somehow happens that both songs are by MAX if this relates to anything. I am getting very frustrated and I would love for any help anyone can provide. A thank you in advanced.

Posted on Mar 26, 2015 8:23 AM

18 replies

Mar 26, 2015 10:52 AM in response to Saterday32

These instructions will have to be modified if you've moved the iTunes folder from its usual location.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Music/iTunes/Album Artwork/Cache

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "Cache" selected. Quit iTunes if it's running. Move the selected folder to the Trash. Relaunch the application and re-download all album artwork.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jul 11, 2015 6:56 PM in response to Saterday32

I'm having the same problem. I just bought a new CD, ripped it, and no artwork! The album is available on iTunes. I went through my library and found a few other albums with the same problem.

To rule out my computer as the problem, I imported my library into another Mac, one that iTunes had never been used on. When iTunes finished, the same albums were missing artwork - giving me the same error you got.

My feeling is that there's something wrong on Apple's end, otherwise we'd get the "Artwork not found" error.

Jul 26, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Saterday32

I have the same problem for some weeks now. Artworks for older songs do load, but newer ones don't.

Here is a workaround:

- select "Show in iTunes Store"

- right-click the album name or the artwork and choose "copy link"

- open the link in your web browser

- right-click the album artwork to view/copy/open its URL

- the link should look something like this:

http://a3.mzstatic.com/eu/r30/Music5/v4/67/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/co ver170x170.jpeg

- just change the "170x170" to "600x600" or even "1200x1200" to download the high-res album art

A bit laborious, but it works - until they hopefully fix it

Jul 26, 2015 4:25 PM in response to FeBe95

Just wanted to say that this is an awesome tip. I don't know if I'll be using it though. I used to add artwork manually to my music, but found out that it can really add to your file size. I'm under the impression that when you get the artwork through iTunes, you add relatively little size to your portable device (maybe 50kB per album on an iPhone) as iTunes transfers over one file that's optimized for your device and applies it to the entire album. However, if you add a high res image to your tracks manually (lets say 300kB, so that it looks good in iTunes) that size is added to EACH of your files. So a typical 10 song album gets bumped up an extra 3MB on your device. If you add artwork to 100 albums, then around an extra 300MB (if my math is right) gets added to your device.

Oct 4, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Saterday32

I had hoped that El Capitan would have fixed this problem, but it didn't. I hadn't done a clean install in awhile, so I nuked my iMac and started putting everything back in manually. It didn't help. None of the "missing art albums" got their artwork. In fact, many older albums didn't get theirs either (Led Zeppelin, B-52's) despite being available in the store, with matching metadata.

Oct 30, 2015 7:16 AM in response to assault_is_eternal

Finding artwork for CDs I import hasn't worked properly for months. Maybe one out of 10 will be found. Maybe. These are current albums, iTunes has the artwork, yet I get the stupid message that the artwork can't be found. And yes I know how to make sure the information for the CD is correct. By all intents iTunes should get the artwork but it doesn't. I even updated to the latest version, which I hate, and it still won't work. iTunes is busted.

Oct 31, 2015 5:35 PM in response to FeBe95

I finally gave up on waiting for a fix. I used your tip on getting the hi-res artwork from Apple; it worked quite nicely. Funnily enough, it added to my file size on my music files on my Mac (massively), which I don't really mind. But seemingly not on my iPhone, which is what I was concerned about. I have most of my library encoded as Apple Lossless, and set to down convert to 128kbps on my iPhones. After I changed the artwork, I did a sync on one phone and compared it to my other phone; the file sizes were exactly the same. When I did the sync, it went through very quickly, so it didn't reconvert/re-copy over the songs. It looks as if it just copied over the artwork to my devices

Oct 31, 2015 6:39 PM in response to bru2

I used Album Art Exchange when Apple didn't have the artwork

http://www.albumartexchange.com/

AFAIK, Amazon hasn't had high res artwork in awhile - I guess they got tired of people using them for that purpose. Using FeBe95's method, you get perfect artwork, especially on newer stuff. Album Art Exchange is a good runner up; the people really seem to care about good scanning, and there are multiple versions of art.

"The requested resource was not found."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.