Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen saver keeps reverting to national geographic!

i keep changing my screen saver settings to display my own personal photo gallary, but it keeps changing to national geographic!

why and what can i do to stop this from happening??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2015 1:56 PM

Try deleting this plist in your User's Library folder then restart.

com.apple.systempreferences.plist

The User's Library folder is hidden by default. To unhide: Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Finding the User Library Folder

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/resources/0167/site/chap11.html#FindingtheUserLi braryFolder

Let me know if this helps.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2015 1:56 PM in response to NaNUTSHELL

Try deleting this plist in your User's Library folder then restart.

com.apple.systempreferences.plist

The User's Library folder is hidden by default. To unhide: Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Finding the User Library Folder

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/resources/0167/site/chap11.html#FindingtheUserLi braryFolder

Let me know if this helps.

Jun 15, 2015 10:31 AM in response to Downlands

I attempted the "fix" on two of my three iMacs. On one it didn't work but I had no problems. On anther it not only didn't work, I lost everything except the "Cosmos" on the options. No Nat Geo, no photos. I can put up with the changes not holding, but how do I get my photos back on the second unit? I'm running 10.10.3 n both and the one that lost this pictures is only a year old or so.

This whole thing is getting frustrating!!

screen saver keeps reverting to national geographic!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.