Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 battery cannot be charged

Iphone 6 cannot be charged. Cable is ok. When connected to mobile, I just get the sign that it needs to be charged. Nothing more happens. iPhone was working fine. This just happened overnight.

The problem is that I am working oversees and the local apple support service, says it cannot help me, because my iPhone comes from a different region.

Does anyone know a solution for any of the problems stated above?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, Iphone 6 stopped charging battery

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 8:25 AM

1 reply

Mar 29, 2015 8:48 AM in response to Fernandomuc

When your battery has completely drained the iPhone will shut down automatically. If you then plug it in to charge it may take 15-30 minutes before it responds. Plug the phone into the charger that came with it and plug that into a good wall outlet. Wait 30 minutes. Then reset the iPhone. Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

If the phone restarts let it continue to charge until the battery is at 100%. If the phone does not start you probably have a hardware failure.

Iphone 6 battery cannot be charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.