Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No photos displayed on my device in iTunes

WWhen I connect my new iPhone to my computer running windows 8 and open I tunes "photos" is not displayed under my device. I am trying to unload some pictures on to my computer. Also when I connect the phone to the computer, the I phone is not recognized as a device., I also tried another computer running windows 7 and the phone is not recognized either. Thanks for any help

iPhone 6

Posted on Mar 29, 2015 2:38 PM

6 replies

Dec 30, 2017 10:58 AM in response to Loupegarou

VERY confusing from the first time I used iTunes years ago, and has not improved...The word "Photos" does not appear on iTunes on my computer under my ipod touch's name. Right clicking does not give any useful choices. As always, dealing with Apple is VERY frustrating...often can't find anything useful on their forum. I have photos on my iPod - everything else shows up (movies, music, etc.) but photos. Yes, I have the latest version of iTunes.

Apr 1, 2015 9:35 AM in response to swoop737

Hello swoop737,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you are trying to import photos from your iPhone to your computer. iTunes is only used to sync photos from the computer to the iPhone. The following article provides options to import photos from your iPhone to your computer.

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support

Regards,
Jeff D.

Apr 1, 2015 10:44 AM in response to jeffd55

Thanks for the reply and yes I was trying to unload pics from my phone through iTunes. Thanks for the clarification. But I think my problem goes a little deeper than that. Plugging my iPhone into my PC (windows 8.1) the computer does not recognize the phone so I cant transfer pics into a photo program or directly into the file manager. I went through numerous windows trouble shooting guides but still no luck. Is it possible that the ios has a bug?

cg

Apr 1, 2015 11:56 AM in response to swoop737

cg,

Since your iPhone isn't being recognized by iTunes for Windows, I would suggest taking a look at the following article:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

If it is still not working, you might want to take a look at one of Apple's other support recources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Cheers,
Jeff D.

Jul 18, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Loupegarou

I do face exactly the same issue. iPhone 5c, trying to import the photos to the PC. The PC for some reason (brand new ASUS with Windows 64-bit 8.1) does not recognize all of them for some reason so I cannot select them and bring them in.

The funny thing is that I have installed also iCloud for Windows, the iCloud is mentioning that is recognizing the number of photos and videos that I have, but I cannot view them in Windows!!!

No photos displayed on my device in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.