Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't browse the internet while making a phone call

I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS. I live in the United States and used to have a really cheap phone with this particular carrier and was able to make calls and browse through the internet while on that phone call. Now that i have the new I Phone 6 with that same carrier and i can NO LONGER make a call and browse the internet. This really upsets me since i pay a high bill to have my IPhone plan. I thought it was a problem with my carrier company but the told me that it's an issue with the new IPhone 6.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 10:01 AM

30 replies

Jan 4, 2017 11:15 AM in response to Jenn0214

I have an iPhone 7 using Verizon, and I have no issue making a call and using data (for example, Safari) at the same time. Verizon did not support that at one time, but has been for quite some time now. Verify you have cellular data turned ON (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data). If so, you may want to contact Verizon for further assistance. This is a provider feature. Any iPhone 7 should be capable of it.

Jan 8, 2017 3:48 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

This is no longer true because I have her eyes and 99% of the time I can use the Internet and me on the phone this is the time. Then 1% of the time depending on where I'm at in the country it won't let me connect like right now I'm in Oregon driving through here and it will not let me get on the Internet on the phone. But when I'm in Nevada or California it allows it.

Mar 30, 2015 10:13 AM in response to Applefuturisticfan

It's on, but are you actually in an LTE coverage area? What does it say in the status bar? If you're on the CDMA network, you can not talk and use data at the same time. The "cheap" phone you had that allowed you to do that actually had 2 radios in it, as opposed to the iPhone. Of course, even if you are on LTE, the carrier needs to have enabled Voice over LTE service in that area and on your account.

Sprint is pretty consistently the worst carrier in the country.

Mar 30, 2015 10:15 AM in response to Applefuturisticfan

What is being displayed in the Status bar when on a phone call with Sprint? In the past, they have not supported simultaneous call and data because they were a CDMA carrier. There is no restriction on the iPhone to prevent it from being used in that manner, the only restriction would be on the carrier. I'm not sure why they are making the statement that it is the phone.

Mar 30, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Applefuturisticfan

🙂Thanks for all your support! I just called them very angry and filed a complaint for lying to me and told them that I checked with other carries and it's not the Iphone 6. They Said we are currently upgrading our towers and will have that feature very soon. Until then you can try connecting to WiFi to call and browse at the same time.

Can't browse the internet while making a phone call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.