Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are these marks on my MBPr LCD?

I have a refurbished Mid 2012 Retina Macbook Pro. Yesterday, I was cleaning the LCD with very soft dry toilet paper. While I was cleaning it, I noticed marks on the upper left bezel of the LCD. I take very good care of my computer and it never comes in contact with any unusual substances. I clean it often using only dry toilet paper. Does anyone know what these marks are? I'm afraid of trying to wipe them off even further because they don't seem to be coming off easily. I don't think there is any way these are scratches because nothing's ever come into contact with the screen.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 9:58 AM

Well, you are another user who has the same problem as a lot of MacBook Pro with Retina display users. Check this thread -> My Retina Display has stain damage, HELP!!!

3 replies

Apr 14, 2015 8:14 AM in response to bknocked

Hi,

mende1 is right: you're not the only one. There are thousands of users experiencing the same problem. There already exists a discussion in this forum, (43 pages now), where lots of people have posted there problems. Could you post your whole story here: My Retina Display has stain damage, HELP!!!

As far as I know, it is the biggest thread dealing with this. I guess Apple should realize how huge this problem is.

Good luck,

SJH

What are these marks on my MBPr LCD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.