Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 after ios 8.2

Hi everyone , I just have one Question ! every night my Phone drain 1 to 2% without use ! is That normal and Thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:05 AM

21 replies

Apr 1, 2015 10:45 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

ZknowlesCarter wrote:

But The full charged may make the battery lose some capacity during the tile , I always charge it between 40-80% or 40%95 and it's good for me 🙂

I've charged all of my 5 iPhones and 2 iPads overnight, every night for almost 8 years. It hasn't done any of them any harm. These are Lithium chemistry batteries, not NiMH or NiCD which did not like being fully charged or fully discharged. The only thing that can damage them is letting them go completely flat. And the iPhone doesn't allow that to happen; when it reaches zero on the display it shuts off, with still enough charge on the battery for several weeks of power off standby.

In addition, the charger is actually in the phone, not the power source. And it stops charging when the battery reaches 100%. So it is impossible to overcharge the battery.

Apr 2, 2015 8:15 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

What is over night??

0.00 till 8.00AM? then this is normal.

it is not advised to leave your Iphone plugged all night. Above 100% you will burn the battery. after a few month, your phone will not hold a full charge.

Personnally I put my phone on airplane mode during sleep. it consume almost 0 battery.

Google for tweaks: disable:gps, refresh app, blutooth, wifi and 3G, etc

once a month, drain to 0 then full to 100% to recalibrate your sensor

after, charge from 20% to 95%. this is the MOST efficient to keep your battery healthy

I hope it helps

Apr 2, 2015 6:26 AM in response to funchrist

funchrist wrote:

it is very unhealthy to do that.

overcharging a LiThium battery will kill it in a half year

recommended charge is above 20% and less than 95%

No, it will not "kill" your lithium ion battery. I have done the research. I do understand how iPhones work. Unless you have a hardware issue, you can't overcharge them. The charger in the iPhone stops charging once it reaches 100%

Apr 2, 2015 7:26 AM in response to funchrist

funchrist wrote:

What is over night??

0.00 till 8.00AM? then this is normal.

it is not advised to leave your Iphone plugged all night. Above 100% you will burn the battery. after a few month, your phone will not hold a full charge.

Completely wrong!!!!!!

It IS advisable to leave your iPhone plugged in all night. For one thing, that enables automatic iCloud backup. When the phone reaches 100% its internal battery charger will stop charging, so it is impossible to overcharge or "burn" the battery. I have had 5 iPhones over the past almost 8 years, and 2 iPads, and I have left all of them plugged in all night, every night. As I just posted yesterday, right above your post. None of the stopped holding a full charge after a month. In fact, the oldest one I have is a 3GS, and it still holds a charge 4 years later, even though it is charged overnight, every night.

Virtually everything else you said is wrong, also, except possibly for draining it once a month.

It is not necessary to keep it in the range of 20% to 95%, either. The phone is smarter than you; it does that already, on its own. You see, 0% is not a drained battery, the phone shuts off BEFORE the battery is fully drained. And 100% is not fully charged, either. It's where the charger stops, to prevent overcharging.

Please stop saying things that are untrue and that you don't understand.

Iphone 6 after ios 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.