Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have restored my ipod many times, yet I still can't back it up because the "session has failed" and error 54. Does anybody know how to fix this?

[Windows user] I have an ipod touch 5th generation 64gb and I can't backup my ipod. I have restored it many times, even in recovery mode, but it still comes up with "iTunes can't backup this ipod because the session has failed," yet it was still plugged in. Also error 54 pops up too. Does anybody know how to fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 9:54 PM

4 replies

Apr 2, 2015 6:42 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks, but I've tried that link and nothing seems to work. I did it on another computer and it backs up fine, i think it's my computer that's messed up.

Apr 3, 2015 5:08 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks, this helped me. It finally backed up too. Had to re-install everything and uncheck the box for the iPod to sync automatically. Hopefully it doesn't have anymore problems, but i doubt it lol

I have restored my ipod many times, yet I still can't back it up because the "session has failed" and error 54. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.