Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTumes Installation fails on Windows7 64

During Installation of iTunes 12.1.1 for Windows7 64 bit I get several error Messages like this onesUser uploaded file:User uploaded file

and iTunes can't be run.

I read the hints regarding Windows update (works fine) and sfc /scannow. Everything is OK.

Does anybody have an idea? On my old PC also with Windows7 64 bit I had no Problems but with the new PC with an SSD I can't install iTunes.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 2:49 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2015 2:49 AM in response to michael2057

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 6, 2015 2:48 PM in response to turingtest2

The Problem is a Long Story. I bought a new PC. During Window Installation I got some few Problems. The root Problem was the new USB3 Driver from Intel which was part of ASUS Z97-A Mainboard DVD. The PC works fine when I received my PC back from repair with the MS USB3 Driver. Everything Looks fine with the exception that I couldn't install iTunes or Omnipage (both Software Installation Ends up with the same error message). This was the reason I start this question. All answers I found within Google didn't solve the Problem. The new Windows Installation I start the 4th time - and I must say every Windows Installation distinguish from each other - more or less solves the Problems. During my last Installation I also got an Windows update Problem but after rollback and update again no Problems occur any more. I tried to follow the instruction from the PC Magazin c't in ct15 page 166 but I couldn't find the root cause of the previous Problem.

Best regards

Michael

iTumes Installation fails on Windows7 64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.