Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5s warranty

Hello, first of all, I have a big problem I say. I am from Romania, Europe, and I have bought an Iphone 5s in September 2014 from Orange (Romania)! I have 2 years warranty! And the first year i know is the apple warranty! Last week I send my phone to warranty, because my screen cracks, like here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzvQ64j7JO0&feature=youtu.be&t=33s ,and on the back, on the plastic part, up, right to the camera and flash! When i turn on the flash light, the light apperas on the left part of that!

User uploaded file

And the third problem is the battery! Becomes very hot when i speak on phone or play anything else!

With these 3 problems, i send my phone to warranty! To Orange! In that moment, my question is, The orange Romania is not comppeled to send my phone to apple, and then the apple send my back a new phone?

I know that this is the policy of apple, to give back a new phone, not to repair it if is in the first year warranty! My Orange Romania, told me, they have repaired themself, and don't replace with a new one!

I want to ask, is possible to do that? because in that case, i think my apple warranty is finished! What to do in this moment, to accept phone repaired or what? because if i have another problem in the next future, nobody repair my phone because they oppen my phone, and i know that in my country is not an authorised apple service...

Please tell me what to do ( and sorry for my english)

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 4:00 AM

21 replies

Apr 8, 2015 4:45 AM in response to andreyluka

andreyluka wrote:

With these 3 problems, i send my phone to warranty! To Orange! In that moment, my question is, The orange Romania is not comppeled to send my phone to apple, and then the apple send my back a new phone?

I know that this is the policy of apple, to give back a new phone, not to repair it if is in the first year warranty! My Orange Romania, told me, they have repaired themself, and don't replace with a new one!

I want to ask, is possible to do that? because in that case, i think my apple warranty is finished! What to do in this moment, to accept phone repaired or what? because if i have another problem in the next future, nobody repair my phone because they oppen my phone, and i know that in my country is not an authorised apple service...

Please tell me what to do ( and sorry for my english)

No, Apple's policy is to send you a factory refurbished phone, not a new one. Why are you sending your phone to Orange for repair and not Apple?

Apr 8, 2015 5:28 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

because in my country, is a apple resseler and service provider, named Noumax , but they don't accept my phone because it is bought from an mobile operator! And from that reason I am forced to go with my phone from where it was bought with a warranty paper and the bill, not with only imei, and normally they send the phone to apple, and recived another one (brand new, refurbished, is new not second hand), not old phone repaired!

How can i proceed with this, i don't want to accept the phone repaired, but what can i do?

Apr 8, 2015 8:56 AM in response to andreyluka

In your Country ,Romania , the Carriers provide the Service not Apple

The iPhone support site has troubleshooting articles to help you solve your iPhone issue on your own. If you have reviewed those articles and still need service for your iPhone, you can contact your carrier.Note: There may be a fee for diagnostic service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone because they will not be returned to you. If you seek service in Switzerland or a member country of the European Economic Area that is not the country of original purchase, see your service options.

However if the iPhone is a genuine Europe model iPhone sold by Orange in Romania then you also have the option of obtaining service in Any Apple Retail Store in any EU Country

alternatively in Romania the CARRIER ,Orange in your case, is the ONLY service provider for iPhones

However glass cracks are NOT covered by warranty

Apr 8, 2015 9:08 AM in response to andreyluka

My iPhone is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

There are two service options for iPhones that are not eligible for warranty service:

1. Battery Replacement Service

If your iPhone requires service due to the battery’s diminished ability to hold an electrical charge and it is not covered under Apple's warranty or statutory consumer rights, please contact your carrier.
  2. Out-of-Warranty Service

Please contact your carrier for Out-of-Warranty Service Options.

Apr 8, 2015 10:36 AM in response to wegras

i search on internet and this problem is caused by battery because is expanded! i don't think that this is my fault...My question still remains, are they "orange" able to open iphone's and repair them? if they are also in the 1 year apple warranty? Last year a had a problem with an Iphone 5, that can't be shut-down, because when i shut it down, it restart again, and again, and i go where i bought it, from Orange and after 12 days they gave me a new (refurbished) phone! but not the same! I catalogate that a software problem and this a hardware, and i don't know why a hardware problem is not treated in a good manor! In my opinion the apple image itself is in game, because many users complains about apple warranty in my country..

Apr 8, 2015 11:50 AM in response to andreyluka

No-one repairs iPhones except Apple stores in major countries where it is limited to screen and battery replacement

ALL other repairs require a service exchange device provided by Apple which is a factory refurbished

This is available in ALL Apple Stores and Authorised Apple iPhone Service Providers

If you want to debate it return it to Orange ,they will tell you if they are prepared to replace under warranty or as an Out of Warranty

End of

Apr 9, 2015 11:07 AM in response to wegras

Ok, first of all sorry of my english, my tablet is set to autocorect in my main language and i see that i wrote many words wrong! Sorry! I have another question! Is there a way to forced them to respect the apple policy, because If i have a word from the apple or something similar to make them to respect what is to respect and don't lie to everybody that they authorised to repair apple products and do whatever they want to do..

Look what was happened last year, with another clienthttp://www.clujust.ro/si-dus-telefonul-la-reparat-la-orange-si-l-primit-distrus/ look at photos first, in that manor She recived iphone from Orange who also repaired not replace phone....in this way apple loose many suporters and the image of thia brand will suffer If nobody will taie measures...

Apr 9, 2015 12:43 PM in response to andreyluka

The problem you have is that an unathorised person has opened the iPhone (Noumax) Is that correct ??

.If Orange as an authorised repairer for iPhones opens the iPhone ,that is between Apple and Orange not you so it may not be normal but not your issue

As I said earlier IF you are able to get to another EU country where Apple has an Apple Retail Store genius bar in it's stores you can deal direct with Apple rather than third parties

Apr 10, 2015 10:02 AM in response to andreyluka

Orange has opened my phone, noumax responds to iphone's that are not bought from an operator in my country case orange, vodafone or t-mobile! They(noumax) recived phones only for apple products bought from every resseler but not mobile operators! But when i called them to ask for advice of my problem, they said that they don't know about Orange authorisations but in noumax case, they said to me that they can open iphones because they are authorised for do that!....i don't know what to belive...who said the truth or who lies

iphone 5s warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.