Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 just screwed up my keyboard

Does anyone else have keyboard issues after updating to the latest ios? My keyboard (all of them) now has the popup keys freezing and blocking the view of other keys and the suggest word. This is a major annoyance, is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm on an iphone 6. So there should be no hardware limitations.

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 2:50 PM

47 replies

Apr 8, 2015 6:45 PM in response to Seche

I find there's general lag when using iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6. it's like the keys get stuck... which could normal when you have a physical keyboard. I guess iOS 8.3.1 will be forthcoming.

How would one get added to iOS (external beta) to help prevent this in the future? I was hoping that by being an external tester for OS X would automatically enrol me 😟

Apr 9, 2015 5:35 AM in response to GuilhermeApple

I did reset my device at least 3 times with no noticeable improvement. Interestingly, I left it on the charger all night and woke up this morning - all negative symptoms have disappeared. Not sure what it did in the background overnight, but it has resolved my issue. I did delete / reinstall any 3rd Party keyboard I had defined and tried both to hide and show the next word suggester, none of which seemed to help at the time. Good news is that it's resolved now.

Thanks,

Bill

Apr 9, 2015 5:43 AM in response to Seche

I've encountered the same issue the only fix i've found is to restore the iPhone without restoring the backup. However restoring from an back up from a day ago elevate the issue for 3 hours then it came back. Issue is being caused by something in the IOS 8.3 update and settings/software on the phone. Hopefully Apple releases a new update soon to rectify the issue.

Apr 9, 2015 6:41 AM in response to Seche

If you saw this immediately after updating, then the iPhone is probably busy finishing up the update and doing general post-reboot activities. If you install one of many free system monitoring apps available in the App Store, you will see that CPU usage is always very high for several minutes after a reboot. This would explain why Billjones270 no longer saw the issue after a night's sleep.

Apr 9, 2015 7:59 PM in response to Seche

Yes, keyboard trouble here as well.

I have Japanese keyboards installed (Apple's, not 3rd party) and after 8.3 upgrade they've lost functionality - or at minimum, they don't work like they used to and I'm not finding the solution. For example, among other things, I'm not seeing any diacritics in the "kana" keyboard and not getting transliteration in the romaji keyboard. Haven't tested the standard English keyboard yet but Japanese is pretty much useless until I find a workaround.

iOS 8.3 just screwed up my keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.