Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.3 battery life

Pleas I just want someone who did upgrade the new ios 8.3 to tell me is it much better for battery or worse ? 😟 cause im afraid again to install it

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 8:21 PM

it seems to me that its worse 😟

im not sure but i had 90% and went to dinner came back with 40%

My wifi was on but not in use. Im thinking about going back to 8.2

157 replies

Apr 10, 2015 10:47 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

After a couple days of testing, I don't happen to notice any difference in the battery life. Seems to be about the same to me. (which isn't that good. It is nowhere near how it should be based on how it was advertised to us. I'm of course referring to the, iPhone 6 Plus which is supposed to last like two days before needing a re-charge. Yeah, well for me, I never get two days out of it. In less than 24 hours, I need to re-charge it).

But at least it hasn't gotten any worse.

Apr 10, 2015 11:36 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

Same to me.

I have a iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2.

Battery is burning very hot.

In usage statistic it says to me, 50% Safari, 20%Mail. Both apps are close in the App Manager, and not used long time. But still have the statistic.

Restore to factory datas and then restore my backup....same behaviour.

Now i bought iPhone 6+, and getting new iOS 8.3. I took my backup from iPhone 6....and same here....battery goes down very fast.

I have no iCloud active, deactivated all GPS Apps, nothing better.

I downloaded "SysStatsLite" App, where you can see cpu load. I have always 50% usage.

And i was wondering me today...after 10 days, my 500MB data limit was reached (normally it´s enough for 30 days).

So i investigated further on, if i deactivate 3G and Wifi, CPU load goes down to 5-10%. It seems, something send always datas over Wifi / 3G to anywhere.

What is it? How can i find the problem?

Apr 10, 2015 12:04 PM in response to ZknowlesCarter

Yeah, the only time I get good battery life out of my iPhone 6 Plus is if I don't use it at all. If I don't use it, the battery never drains out.

However, once I do start using it to browse the internet and watch YouTube video's, the battery drains like crazy. Very disappointing.

Although, to be fair, it's nowhere near as bad as previous versions of iPhone's that I have had. The 3Gs and the 4s. But still, it just doesn't live up to all the hype about being able to get two days usage out of it before having to recharge. I have to recharge my iPhone 6 Plus within a 24 hour period, otherwise the battery would totally drain out completely.

Apr 11, 2015 4:04 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

Well, I think I have got some problem with the battery. I use a lot of apps for my activities in iOS 8.2 and It reached 3 hours of usage when it is get to 61% but now in iOS 8.3 I am not expiriencing the 3 hours of usage at 61%. and beside that I need a lot of charge maybe around 6 until 7 hours of usage I need to charge again. I suggest to you, if you worry about the battery life, I think it is better not to upgrade it to the iOS 8.3 because the iOS 8.3 in my opinion consume a lot of battery than iOS 8.2. But I'm sure that this problem is going to end at the latest iOS 8 release. And one more thing I have to tell you about the iOS 8.3, I seem a lot of problem to iPhone 5s and iPhone with Touch ID and many more see it on google.

iphone 5 iOS 8.3

Apr 11, 2015 8:41 AM in response to ZknowlesCarter

In short: iOS 8.3 is horrible for battery life in my experience.

In more detail: Ran iOS 8.2.latest for months on iPhone 5s. Battery life very good, most days above 50% at end of day. Updated to iOS 8.3, and 2 days in a row the battery is nearly dead after half a day. Battery usage counter says it is over 50% Mail. My mail volume is not particularly high, and I'm not spending time reading mail on the phone (maybe 10 minutes/day checking for urgent messages).

I've closed apps and rebooted (power off then on) a couple of times, but battery is still draining rapidly.

I'll try for a few more days, but if this continues, I'll start pursuing more drastic measures, such as a restore to get back to 8.2.

Apr 11, 2015 11:45 AM in response to GreyCivic

I started noticing a huge battery drain on my iPhone 6 Model MG3K2CL/A after I upgraded to iOS 8.2... So I tried shutting off various features, tried re-installing 8.2, with no success. After 8.3 came out I installed that and still had the same problem. Yesterday I did another experiment, Installed fresh 8.3 (12F70) from download, erasing everything on the iPhone as a new iPhone. I did not associate the phone with my apple ID. I disabled Location Services, Siri, iCloud, Wifi, Bluetooth, background app updates, all notifications, Spotlight search,handoff & suggested apps, all cell data access, and even TouchID. I did not set up any calendars or mail. I did not install any additional apps.

Once I charged to 100% battery level I let it sit for 2 1/2 hours and it drained to 78%

Hmmm, I see I forgot to shut off fitness tracking as I assumed that Location Services off would disable that.. I just shut that off as well and will see what happens in an hour.

Apr 11, 2015 1:00 PM in response to ZknowlesCarter

I have an iPhone 5s and upgraded to iOS 8.3 a few days ago and am now regretting it as I can watch my battery drain at a much higher rate even when no apps are running and it is on the lock screen. I was on iOS 7.1.2 and under the same conditions by battery would go down a few percent over 6-8 hours but now I am seeing it drop 20-25% for the same time period. I have already shut off all notifications, background app refresh, etc.

Apple really needs to address this ASAP.

ios 8.3 battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.