Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID not working after 8.3 update for App Store purchases

Touch ID still working in unlock screen, not asked in App Store.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 7:18 PM

109 replies

Apr 8, 2015 8:19 PM in response to CKinFL

Try as needed:

1. Reset phone (no data loss): press both home and lock buttons for at least 10 seconds, releasing when the Apple logo appears (remember that Touch ID won't work for App store on first use)

2. Restore to factory settings as described below. You will have to reenter your fingerprints.

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings

Apr 8, 2015 8:43 PM in response to modular747

why would I want to restore to factory settings if this is clearly problem with 8.3 , to me it looks that it was not even tested properly , software update should fix it . Users should not go and restore all just because 8.3 broke something . It's Apple responsibility to make sure everything works as intended . I am already getting tired every time they release new update something getting broken . More and more like Microsoft works . Apple please get you things straight and fix this **** with touch ID . This is ridiculous, comon ....

Touch ID not working after 8.3 update for App Store purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.