Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Radio Won't Play Music

iTunes Radio on my Mac Mini won't play. The songs load up, but no music is played and the progress bar always stays blue (i.e., doesn't show up like a normal song playing where it starts at the beginning and as the song progresses moves towards the end). If I skip a song, it makes no difference. The new song loads up on the player but it doesn't play and the progress bar remains blue all across.

This has been acting up off and on, but it usually would get working after I'd quite iTunes. It started acting up again yesterday and I was unable to get it to play. I then upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.3 overnight and today I upgraded iTunes to 12.1.2

I've signed in and out of my account, reauthorized and reauthorized the computer, signed in and out of iTunes Match to no avail. This only happens on my Mac Mini. I have no problem playing iTunes Radio music on my iMac, iPhone, iPad, etc.

Any suggestions? I have tried just about everything I could think of.

Best regards, Phil

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 2:05 PM

11 replies

Jul 14, 2015 7:03 AM in response to philliprodo

Having same issue here..

I just subscribed to Apple Music, but haven't been able to listen to any music yet.. When I try to play a song, the progress bar is blue and stays that way, and nothing happens..

I've tried to shut down itunes and start it up again... Nothing.

I've tried to Sign out, under Account and signing in again... Nothing.

I've tried to restart my computer, and launching itunes... Nothing.

But I'm able to start a radio like "Pop Hits", "Soundsystem" and "Charting Now".

Jul 21, 2015 8:42 AM in response to enertronik

I finally called Apple Tech support. They had me delete the iTunes app from my MacBook (which was a bit more complicated than it should have been as something was locking up the iTunes app and I couldn't simply drag it to trash). I then downloaded and installed iTunes and everything was back to normal. I can now play songs whether in my library or through the Apple Music collection given my subscription to the new Apple Music service. Good luck!

iTunes Radio Won't Play Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.