Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add photos to a new shared album

I created a new shared library in the new Photos app to share photos with my daughter. She can now see the library, but I cannot add photos to it. I can select photos and press the Add button, but no photos appear in the library. I've tried a number of times. Anyone else had this problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photos app

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 9:14 PM

25 replies

Feb 26, 2017 9:44 AM in response to wilson99

Did anyone sort this out? I tried disabling photo sharing option from photos, signing out of icloud, restarting laptop, signing back in, and re-enabling. this time it let me create a folder, and when i add a bunch of photos the little wheel spins around but nothing happens. I go to the album and it tells me there are zero photos in there. What gives?

Jul 1, 2015 1:52 PM in response to wilson99

I have the same question. On OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3, running on my Macbook Pro, in the new Photos, I create a Shared Album and it won't let me add photos or videos to it. Works perfectly from my Iphone, but not from the Macbook, and here is where I have the pictures I want to share! Frustrating, to say the least.

Jul 7, 2015 7:05 PM in response to wilson99

same issue - i'm attempting to add photos to a shared album that was originally created with iPhoto. the methods to add as described from the various tutorials and help articles do not work.

i've also attempted to create a new shared album for these photos and while the album is created, the selected photos are not added.

for all it's simplicity, photos has been a rather confusing "upgrade."

Jul 12, 2015 10:46 AM in response to wilson99

Same here. Works great from phone but nada on the mac. No acknowledgement, no error and as far as I can tell no way to determine the status of the synchronization process. I'm an Apple fan boy and even I am thinking about Adobe and Google's photo sharing solution. By the way I turned off Photo stream and Photo library in preferences and only left iCloud photo sharing turned on. This change was to hopefully prioritize my shared photos but so far it does not seem to have made a difference.

Can't add photos to a new shared album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.