Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos: how to play slideshow withOUT music?

Does anyone know how to do this in the new Photos when running it in Yosemite? I don't EVER want to hear music during a slideshow, so I'd love to turn it off in preferences. But I would settle for just knowing out to do it whenever I launch a slideshow.

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 10:49 AM

19 replies

Jan 14, 2017 8:54 AM in response to Igor Barinov

Thank for suggestion of how to turn off the Theme song when playing a quick slideshow. However the theme song tick won't unselect. I can only click to another theme choice which changes the music. I want no music. But I want to leave the speakers on to hear my little video commentaries. I play quick slideshows which are a mix of photos and short videos. Why can't I unclick the the Theme music and get blissful slideshow silence. thanks

Jan 6, 2016 1:57 PM in response to léonie

Despite the wonderful feedback and support from you and other 8+ level responders Apple doesn't seem to be listening at all to the feedback.

Thank you to Igor Barinov for the answer to this specific question. The solution is just so un-Apple. What happened to Music ON or OFF rather than figuring out to click the song that has a tick to remove the tick. The days of Apple ease of use are fading.

Over all these years have any of you built any relationships with Apple engineers where you can state the blooming obvious to them? Its frustrating that with such wonderful contributors here and the endless feedback given through Apple Feedback there is no action on the part of Apple.

Jan 6, 2016 8:12 PM in response to cdunk

Yes, it's a shame that Apple is going down the drain lately.

Terrible user interfaces, strange default settings, useless error messages and just lots of "un-Apple", uncool stuff.

I'm already on Ubuntu Linux, they keep getting better. I'm still using OS X on my mac mini though, hoping for the OS X quality to change for the better.

Fingers crossed =)

Photos: how to play slideshow withOUT music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.