Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'selected device has no input controls' Mic question

Hello I have a xenyx802 behringer mixer with a behringer at2020 condenser mic plugged into the mixer. The mixer is plugged into a firewire audio interface behringer fca202. In my sound preferences on my apple it says that the 'selected device has no input controls'
How do I get this working so that I can record from my new mic?

Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 20, 2006 4:40 AM

5 replies

Nov 29, 2006 5:49 AM in response to Mayumi Fukunaga

Do you not get any sound at all?
---I can listen to headphones

Have you looked in Audio/Midi setup as well
---I added device in audio/midi, but there may be a problem with this when I tested it nothing happened

Have you set the mixer as an input in GarageBand?
---Yes I chose it as input.

Do you have phantom power turned on? Are you sure sound is coming out from mixer?
---phantom power pushed on. I can't detect any sound coming out of the behringer xenyx602

Any suggestions appreciated

Nov 30, 2006 1:37 AM in response to Mayumi Fukunaga

'selected device has no input controls' - this is because it doesn't need them - it's for interfaces which have no hardware level control: it doesn't affect whether it works or not, it's just that there is nothing to adjust.

Presumably the mixer has a main audio output: do you get audio out of this?
If no: then you haven't routed something correctly in the mixer.

If yes:
If you go into System Preferences>Sound, choose 'Input': can you see the mixer in the list?
If no: driver not properly installed
If yes:
Select the mixer as the input (this is for testing, it doesn't affect GB).
If you feed the mic into the mixer and you can hear it on the main audio output, do you see the meter in the Control Panel moving?
If no: the interface between the mixer and the computer needs looking at.

If yes:
In Garageband, check you have the mixer set as the input.
Record something on a track and play it back (having checked that playback of anything else, e.g. a loop. is OK): can you hear it?
If yes: enable monitoring in the track info.
If no: then we need to look more closely at the problem - please report back.

'selected device has no input controls' Mic question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.