Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini 3 imessage sign in loop

ok i have an issue with quite a few ipad mini 3`s you cant use a newly created apple id with them the new id`s work fine with other apple ipads so are all activated so no issues there.

If i put older apple id`s into the new ipad mini 3`s they login and im able to send and receve messages and use facetime fine so i know the new ipad 3`s do work.

I have been in touch with apple and have done all the usual tricks date time etc even put them into dfu mode and reset so im now waiting for the engineer`s to

do there stuff does any one know if apple have any issues with there activation servers 😠

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, wifi

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 9:32 AM

11 replies

Apr 12, 2015 9:59 AM in response to adamf69

Somewhere along the line there IS a problem. I've been working with AppleCare for weeks now trying to get back into messages and Facetime.

My friend's ID works on my mini 3, but my ID won't work on her mini 1 (or my mini 3)

There's a giant post at imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2

I think they fixed the problem people had in January, but other problems happened later in March and April.

May 21, 2015 10:32 AM in response to adamf69

I have an answer!!!!!!!!

To recount my experience, mine worked for about 10 days and then stopped working. After weeks of not having time to address this problem, two Saturdays ago, I decided to tackle it. I had 2-1/2 hours on the phone with "senior" tech support, at the end of which they told me to go to the store. Another 2-1/2 with a "senior" genius resulted in nothing. Another 2 hours at home, nothing. Two more conversations with Apple which said they had escalated my problem to engineering, but I'd most likely have to wait for the next IOS update. (Great Saturday, right?)

Light bulb went off. I went back to Apple Store and asked to try my imessage and facetime login on a new ipad that hadn't been updated to 8.3. Worked perfectly. They exchanged my ipad mini 3 for a new one under warranty. I'm now using a new ipad mini 3 which I WILL NOT update.

The problem is the 8.3 update and using any apple ID that has been created or modified since then. I told Apple "senior" phone support, and they said it was MY OPTION to update the software. Seriously?!? This is my fault?!?

ipad mini 3 imessage sign in loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.