Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't open after latest OSX update

AFter latest OSX update iTunes won't open. Reinstalled iTunes. Reinstalled OSX update. When I click on icon in applications or in finder nothing happens.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 10:56 AM

9 replies

Apr 19, 2015 7:48 PM in response to mbmcgrath

This is what worked for me and others--original post found on this thread: Yosemite slow opening and cannot open itunes

This solved my question by Linc Davis.......

According to multiple reports on this site, Apple Support has given the following instructions to others who had a similar problem. I can't confirm that this procedure works or that it's necessary, but it won't leave you any worse off than you are now.

First, back up all data.

Select the iTunes icon in the Applications folder and open the Info window. Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner to unlock the settings.

In the Sharing & Permissions section, change the Privilege setting for each Name in the list to Read & Write. Close the window. If the settings aren't visible, click the disclosure triangle on the left so that it points down.

You should now be able to drag the iTunes application to the Trash and empty. Your iTunes data won't be affected.

Click the iTunes link at the top of this page, download the installer package and run it.

If iTunes still doesn't launch, or if you can't complete the procedure, reinstall the OS.

iTunes won't open after latest OSX update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.