Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime on brand new iPad Air 2

Purchased my IPad Air 2 a couple of weeks back from an Apple Store. I've made my iCloud acc emails are fine but the moment I put this information on FaceTime or iMessage nothing happens, does not recognize or bring any error up. Tried resetting my password. Nothing seems to work. It thinks for a few seconds but brings nothing up. Sign in again still the same thing. I've not been able to enjoy my new iPad since I've got it. I like over 5 hours away from the Apple Stor.

PLz help.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 12, 2015 10:34 PM

5 replies

Apr 13, 2015 12:22 PM in response to Rubes110

I'm no expert, but I have this problem too. Actually, there are a bunch of us.

Have you called AppleCare? I did (and went to the Apple Store. Don't drive 5 hours to the store- they can't fix it they will just have you reset your iPad which you can do yourself or via AppleCare. Didn't help me anyway.)

Make sure the time and date and time zone are correct.

From what I have read, for most of us with this problem currently it's an AppleID problem that Apple is working on. They have my account in test mode.

For me, my ID didn't work on my iPad or my friend's iPad for message or Facetime, but her ID works on my iPad.

Check out imessage and Facetime sign in activation error iPad ios8.1.2 especially the last few pages. Maybe some of the suggestions will work

Apr 19, 2015 3:15 PM in response to 'shana

Shana,

I notice you keep asking whether people have contacted AppleCare, have they been able to help with this issue? I honestly don't have the time to wait around to talk to them if not right now. I haven't been able to sign in to face time on my macbook for a couple of weeks. Not sure how long since I don't use it too often, but realized it recently. My computer is also having issues staying connected to the wifi at my home, I had a new modem sent out thinking maybe that was the problem, but still having the problem (i stay connected with my phone). Not sure if that's related, but I've never had trouble before.

Apr 19, 2015 5:09 PM in response to brwneyes2103

They haven't been able to help. I keep telling people to call AppleCare because at least when I called in, they were acting like this is a rare event. Maybe in the overall number of Apple products out there it is, but among people with newer iPads and AppleIDs it seems to be more common. I think they need to know. The other reason I said to call in is so when they do get it figured out, they will know who needs the solution. Maybe they will have a global fix, but who knows. I haven't seen this particular problem occur on Macs, just iPads but I'm new to Apple.

Apr 26, 2015 9:30 AM in response to Rubes110

I am having similar problem with my IPAD mini 3.

First of all in the settings it is not showing on/off toggle switch for Facetime or imessage which is very strange, it just asks to log in after giving the credentials and it does nothing and does not show an error message even

I have tried all the possible solutions available online and also did a factory reset, but to no avail.

I am going to reach out to Apple care , however has any one got any further updates or solution

Apr 26, 2015 10:48 AM in response to pintufromsurat

For sure call AppleCare and go up the chain.

Mine suddenly started working and I really don't know why or how.

IF you go up this post a bit, I posted a link to a long post where we are discussing this. The current problem starts on page 18.

good luck! Oh it may be random, but some people seem to have gotten signed in when they got the time almost exactly right. Like within a fraction of a second.

Can't sign into iMessage or FaceTime on brand new iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.