Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding photo to Word Document

The previous Photo Library allowed you to drag and drop your photo from the Photo Software straight into Word 2011.

'Photos' doesn't seem to allow me to do this.

And then when I go into word and try to insert a photo into the document the proper (long) way I can no longer browse the photos in the 'Photos' library its not an option...

How can I use access my photos to use in Word now? ...

Anyone else had this problem / have a solution or suggestion?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2015 3:49 AM

26 replies

Apr 13, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Sydney_Emma

Apple provided a means by which programmers could access the iPhoto/Aperture library. I assume Apple has or will provide a similar mechanism for Photos - but programs will need to be updated. Whether Office 2011 will get this option I don’t know but I’m sure the new version due out later this year will.

Apr 13, 2015 6:31 AM in response to Sydney_Emma

I'm having the same problem too after updating to latest version of Yosemite, with iphotos I could drag and drop to programs such as Pages, Thunderbird email messages, Garage Sale etc but with Photos I can find no way of doing this, I think it is a Photos issue rather than another program needing a update otherwise you would think it would work with Pages also being Apple?

Basic workaround I am using is instead of importing from memory card to Photos I import to a folder in Finder window instead and then I can drag and drop without a problem although this then makes photos app redundant

It is a shame as that was a great feature on iPhotos and hope they update soon

Adding photo to Word Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.