Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TimeCapsule Disappears from Network

This always happens. I do not know why. My Time Capsule is connect via ethernet to my AT&T modem directly. Most of the time it is just the TC and only the AirPort Express is shown online in the network. However in this screenshot, you see both are missing from the network. A restart of the device by unplugging and plugging it back in will fix this issue, temporarily. The fix does not last long, and before I know it, it is "missing" again.

Anyone with a similar issue know a fix?

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks!

Screenshots:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:24 AM

4 replies

Apr 15, 2015 12:55 AM in response to cdh0127

Caleb

You don't say how you are monitoring your devices, from your screen shots I presume that it is with a Mac, the problem may be if that Mac is running Yosemite, but not the latest version. Try checking that your TC is up and running by connecting to it using your smart phone or other device.

You can also connect to the TC via ethernet. I suspect that the TC has been working ok and the problem is at the Mac end, this is where mine was.

When you are connected to the TC I would follow La Pasteneque's advice of making sure that your wifi SSID is set to something simple with no spaces and only alphanumeric characters for example CTC2GHz and CTC5GHz. Set the password for the wifi to a mix of alphanumerical characters use upper and lower case to make it more unique. I think that after these simple changes you will find your TC permanently available via wifi.

Ted

May 21, 2015 7:30 AM in response to cdh0127

I have the exact same issue, running the latest software on all my Macs and iOS devices as of 5/21/15. My SSIDs do have two spaces in the names. I will try coming up with a whole new name withOUT spaces and see if that helps. Another thread ( Time Capsule disappears from Wireless connections ) suggests changing wifi security from WPA2 to WPA 2 personal to fix this issue. I am already using WPA 2 Personal. Will report back after a few days to weeks of testing.

TimeCapsule Disappears from Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.