Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import problem II (cannot import anything)

HI,

Since upgrade FCPX 10.2 yesterday, I cannot import anything from my Camera or from my SD Card. The media import window seem to work but when I hit the «Import» button, nothing happen.

I can see and play my clip in the Import windows.

I can drag and drop thing from the finder but my movie from my Sony NXCAM AVCHD cannot be drag and drop.

I'll try to import my media from Sony «software tools»... but i prefer work with FCP.

I tried in a new project, in new event and in a new library but nothing work.

Thanks for your help !

Mathieu

MacPro 2x2.8, 32GB,

OS 10.10.3,

FCPX 10.2

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 8:29 AM

49 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

All I am doing is trying to import ANYTHING.

Click Command I (or click on import) and when the import window comes up everything appears to be OK, but when you select an item or multiple items in the import browser window, clicking on the "Import Selected" and/or the "Import All" does NOTHING. The ONLY way to import anything is by canceling out of that import window and manually dragging and dropping the content from the finder to the app.

Apr 21, 2015 11:05 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Yes, my window is active. I can browse in it, play the clip and change settings . My 1st screen shot is odd because I used «Grab» to capture the window. My active application was Grab instead FCPX... There is the good one.

I did trash prefs and repair permissions.

Thanks

(english is not my primary language... sorry for the mistake...)

User uploaded file

Apr 21, 2015 11:16 AM in response to favro

My screens look the same as above. I can hook up the camera (Sony Handicam), select where the files will be imported, all the settings, etc. And then tell it to import. The import will "begin". The Event will be created, and even show the files in them. However, When I click on a video to use it (view or add to timeline), all of the sudden it will tell me that no file exists. I haven't tried to drag and drop the files in yet, but will be trying that next as i need my videos to go live today.

Import problem II (cannot import anything)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.