Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turning On ALL of the Animation Parameters

Is there any why to turn on ALL of the Animation Parameters at once. Like Opt or Shift clicking the ON/OFF Switch.

I was having problems with my animation not happening and did not realize until today that the ON/OFF switch is specific to what is showing in the bar. User uploaded file

NOTE TO THE LOGIC DEVELOPERS:

"Dear Logic developers" when people mix songs we jump around from track to track, tweeking, re-setting, and testing. We close down a project and leave if for a few days, sometimes for weeks or months. We come back and **** is not acting the way it is supposed to (according to what we see) and we can't figure it out. We forget that hidden down in a menu was some animation we set to off as we were testing things. Now we come upon some other animation on another track that is set to OFF, was it supposed to set to OFF? or did I just forget to turn it back on? Now we are worried that the beautiful mix we had may have some vital information set to OFF and we have to painstakingly go thru each track checking each Animation Parameter. Creativity is now draining, Frustration is building. Our ears are getting warn out, Corporal Tunnel Syndrome is setting in.

Please programmers think like a musician/engineer when you do these things.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 11:55 AM

Who are not here.........

Why doesn't Apple answer the questions that we ask about Logic Pro?

Please use the Feedback form to pass on your suggestions to the Logic Devs....

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

As for your request...

There is a way to achieve this...

Hold down the Command key..

Now left click on the first Automation On/Off button and drag the mouse straight down keeping the left mouse button and command key pressed..

All Automations will turn on or off depending on the state of the first button you clicked on..

This works for many different buttons/checkboxes in LPX's Interface as well as in other apps thanks to OS X...

Cheers..

Nigel

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2015 11:55 AM in response to cris is bliss

Who are not here.........

Why doesn't Apple answer the questions that we ask about Logic Pro?

Please use the Feedback form to pass on your suggestions to the Logic Devs....

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

As for your request...

There is a way to achieve this...

Hold down the Command key..

Now left click on the first Automation On/Off button and drag the mouse straight down keeping the left mouse button and command key pressed..

All Automations will turn on or off depending on the state of the first button you clicked on..

This works for many different buttons/checkboxes in LPX's Interface as well as in other apps thanks to OS X...

Cheers..

Nigel

Apr 17, 2015 11:56 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hello Nigel, Thanks for that info.

I could not get it to react as you said, by holding down the CMD key and dragging but I did get it to turn ON/OFF all of the animated parameters by twirling down the disclosure triangle located to the right of the READ menu. Once all of the animated parameter were on their own Track/Lane command clicking on any one of them will toggle all the rest (no dragging needed).

Thanks a lot for that, I had not even thought about using the disclosure triangle, I was clicking through to get to each animation, now it will be a regular.

Still, APPLE could write a better manual though.

Apr 17, 2015 12:37 PM in response to cris is bliss

Still, APPLE could write a better manual though.

While I do agree with you, to a point..... I find the current manual... the 10.1 updated online version found here...

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10.1/

..a little better than the original 10.0 version....

However, there is still much missing from it in terms of how you actually do things.... Lots of info in there.. but little telling you when and how to use the features...

This is why I highly recommend Edgar's excellent Gem Visual Guides which I have a pdf version of on the Mac and the even better iBook, interactive version on my iPad.... and both have become my 'go to' guides when I need to know not only what LPX can now do but how best to do it too....

http://www.dingdingmusic.com/DingDing/Manuals.html

Plus.. Edgar is one of the really helpful 'good guys' here.. and deserves the support after all the hard work he put into these, in my opinion, indespensible guides....

Try out the free 10.1 New Features guide that is free and/or click on the Flag in the description of each book to see a few preview pages... to get an idea of why I recommend them so highly....

I could not get it to react as you said,

Umm.. thats odd it didn't work for you... as it is a basic function in OS X and LPX,

To double check.. You held down the CMD key.. and while holding it down you left clicked on the power button in the brown automation type button....(The one that switches from region or track Automation)....and held down the mouse button while dragging downwards?

User uploaded file

Anyhow, glad you found the click and drag technique useful for other things.. It's one of those neat little OS X tricks that once learned.. becomes a useful trick ion all kinds of different situations...

Cheers..

Nigel

Turning On ALL of the Animation Parameters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.