Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.3 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Looking for a solution to a problem I have been having with several bluetooth devices (Bose Color Soundlink and Jaybird Bluebuds X) to any of my iOS 8.3 device (iPhone 6, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 2)

The first time, each iOS device paired quickly and successfully with both the Bose and Jaybird products. But after that, any of the iOS devices will NOT connect unless I first have the iOS device to "forget" the Bose or Jaybird device. After that step, the iOS device will connect again.

Tried all the normal stuff - reset the devices, reset the network settings, turned Bluetooth on/off. Nothing will make a connection until I "forget" the device.

If it were just one item, I would blame the headset/speaker that iOS 8.3 is connecting too. But it's multiple Bluetooth devices and multiple iOS devices.

Anyone have any suggestions? Kind of a pain to have to reset every time.

Tim

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 15, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 4:58 PM

Also cannot connect Bluetooth (not even once). Come on Apple!

28 replies

Apr 28, 2015 4:12 AM in response to timmilner

I'm also having trouble pairing my iphone 5 via Bluetooth to my MKZ. All I want to do is make and receive phone calls. It used to work fine, now after the Apple update to 8.3 the phone has numerous problems. Phone will start to pair but won't recognize any voice commands, Siri does not respond after pressing the home button. In fact, when I got the phone I was able to stream music via Bluetooth to the car's audio, but lost that ability long ago in one of their updates.

This is very frustrating. I'm very tired of the numerous bugs with Apple software, they are not very good, seems each update of IOS gets worse not better. And of course there is not way to tell Apple directly, all I can do is state my problem here and hope they read these forums. I went to the Apple store, their responses are typically worthless, "reset your device" then spend hours setting everything up again seems to the company line for everything they aren't familiar with.

Apple, let's make the things you have work GREAT instead of focusing on rolling out new products all the time. I used to hear that is was all about the Customer Experience, well, you have poor customer experience so let's fix it please.

Sorry to rant but this is very frustrating to not be able to even make a simple phone call.

Apr 29, 2015 2:35 PM in response to timmilner

I also have the Jaybird Bluebuds X and I love them. I used them with my iPhone 5 - no issue. But with my 6 and iOS 8.3 they constantly drop out, disconnect etc.

The same headphones work perfectly well with my Yosemite iMac and MacBook Pro so I'm pretty sure it's iPhone/iOS-related. This particular phone is actually new; and had the full DFU-mode wipe and restore done so I do not believe it's an issue with the particular device.

I've tried turning BT off/on. Tried Forgetting the BT device and re-pairing. Tried Resetting All Network Settings. I'm not going to lose and evening to wiping and restoring a phone that was only recently installed...

Would love to know if anyone has is seeing these issues. I've switched back to wired headphones and I *hate* it.

May 1, 2015 6:35 AM in response to timmilner

Have been having trouble with bluetooth and connecting since february. Than i could magically connect. Now I have bought me a new speaker-system and magically, I can't connect. Regardless if I try to erase all data or forget the device (which the phone even can't find). But my boyfriend, and his iphone 6, he can connect. But we can't connect with ipads, imac or ibook pro.

Apple come on!

And it is hard to not tell you what I think about your software.

Ps: Lovely greetings from Sweden.

May 4, 2015 5:31 AM in response to timmilner

Update: I was able to prove that the issue was tied to my iPhone 6. I paired the Bluebuds with iPhone 6's in the local Apple Store with no problem. Made a Genius Bar appointment, backed up my iPhone. In the Store we did "Erase All Content and Settings" - still had same problem. Then did a complete wipe and restore of 8.3 - still had same problem. Swapped devices - all good!

May 4, 2015 9:58 PM in response to --- boojum ---__

Installed update on all my devices this weekend. Sunday get on my car and driving and cant get phone to work with my car bluetooth, which was automatic, no contacts . Cannot use the cars Navigation system because it needs my phone... Apple use to be better than this!!! Bluetooth is one of the cardinal functions that RD tests before deploying such updates. Apple needs to "clean" engineering dept - too many messups!

May 5, 2015 5:02 AM in response to timmilner

I am also having this issue with my iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3 connecting to my 2015 Chevy Equinox. It connected fine until I updated to iOS 8.3, now it looses connection after a couple of connects and I can't reconnect until I clear from both my phone and my car. Then this morning even clearing the connections, I couldn't get it connected at all. Very frustrating!

May 7, 2015 10:58 AM in response to ChevyGirl63

Same issue with wireless earbuds that worked fine before 4/23/2015– when they suddenly just dropped off. My iPhone 6 Plus now will not recognize the device. I assumed the problem was the inexpensive earbuds and contacted the manufacture who kindly sent me a replacement set; same issue persists with the new set. Pretty sure it's the iPhone software but I don't want to go through the hassle of a "Restore" only to find out that it still doesn't work like the many other posters on the internet.

I hope Apple fixes this issue soon with the next iOS update.

May 14, 2015 3:33 PM in response to timmilner

I am in the same boat. I didn't have any issues with my bluetooth connected devices. Based off this thread I guess I am lucky that it's only effect one of my devices. For some reason my UE Boom speaker will not pair with my iPhone 6 unless I make the phone forget the device and then reestablish the connection through the pairing process. It has only been an issue since updating the phone to iOS 8.3. The odd thing is that I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.3 and no issues with it and any bluetooth device.

I've tried reset everything and even gone as far as restoring the phone. Hopefully there is a fix in the next update.

iOS 8.3 Bluetooth Connection Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.