Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite Recovery Update shows up as available Update in AppStore

The AppStore on my MacBook Air (Late 2008) shows the OS X Yosemite Recovery Update 1.0 as available Update, although it is installed. Here you are a Screenshot of it (only in german, hope it helps):

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 2:35 AM

38 replies

Apr 19, 2015 2:41 AM in response to wurzelmac

I think you might find that it hasn't really installed. the App Store of ten loses the connection but registers the update as installed.

Did you actually watch it install?

You could check in About Your Mac then System Report navigate down to Software, click the disclosure triangle and move down to installations.

If it did indeed install it should be listed there.

For me it took three times before it would properly install.

Apr 19, 2015 3:02 AM in response to wurzelmac

It is a 500mb download, so fairly large, you could try downloading it when the apple servers might be a bit quieter.

one thing that may help is to remove the 'updated' notifications in the App store

Quit the App Store. Navigate to your app store folder in the Application Support folder in your Users/Library

remove the updatejournal.plist (hold it in the trash)

Start the App Store and the list of apps updated in the last thirty days will be empty.

try to update now, see if it makes any difference.

unfortunately i can't find an alternative download site for the recovery update on apples download pages.

Apr 19, 2015 11:14 AM in response to Eau Rouge

Just wanted to add that reindexing spotlight didn't work for me either. Continuing to have the same problem as wurzelmac, with me clicking "Update" and it "downloading/installing" in a split second before it shows up again.

Tried to remove the updatejournal.plist like you mentioned, but no such file exists in my HD/Library/ApplicationSupport/AppStore folder.

I am not allowed access to the "ApplePushService" folder that does exist there.

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Yosemite Recovery Update shows up as available Update in AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.