Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bursts in photos

When i synced my pictures from my iphone that once were part of a burst with photos (the new 10.10.3 mac app), photos automatically put them back in a burst. Is there a way to change this? Is there perhaps a setting so photos doesn’t show the previous burst pictures in a burst anymore? Because now, photos makes it seem like i have to select them again manually within the mac photos app while on my phone, they are all loose photo's.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Photos

Posted on Apr 16, 2015 12:04 PM

35 replies

Jul 19, 2017 3:54 PM in response to DrVolo

Here's my approach.

If you want to keep some photos in a burst set:

• select "Bursts" in sidebar;
  • double click the burst set that you want to work on;
  • select "Make a Selection" in the upper right hand corner of the burst set;
  • select the photo or photos in the burst set that you want to keep by checking the circle on the bottom right of each photo. You will also see a blue check mark on each photo selected in the burst set at the bottom of your screen.
  • click "Done" in the upper right corner of your screen.
  • select "Keep Only Selection" and your selected photos will saved separately, i.e. they will no longer be in a burst set in "Bursts."

If you don't want to keep any photos in a burst set then select the burst set to be deleted go to "Image" in the menu bar and select "Delete 1 Burst."

Apr 16, 2015 12:18 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your reply but it is not really what i meant. I made a selection already on my iphone. But when i synced the (already selected) pictures with my mac, the photos app put them back in a burst and i have to select again. This is double work cause i use the burst option a lot and now al these pictures are back in a burst on my mac. I was wondering if there perhaps is a way (in settings perhaps? I looked and couldn't find) so photos doesn't set your previously already selected pictures back in a burst.

I hope it is clear what i mean.

Apr 16, 2015 12:42 PM in response to R C-R

This unbursting is my problem. I 'unbursted' them already in my iphone gallery. The ones i selected are 'rebursted' in photos for mac. I don't want that to happen cause that causes double the work. Iphoto didn't do this and treated the pictues i selected in my iphone gallery as individual pictures when syncing.

Apr 21, 2015 11:30 PM in response to DrVolo

Hi All,

I too have this issue.

It seems that if you have previously uploaded burst photos to a shared iCloud Album, after switching to Photos & uploading all your old files to iCloud Photo Library, there is some duplication. I used to save my Camera Roll to dropbox before switching to iCloud Photo Library, when my photos uploaded to dropbox, the file was renamed something like 2014-08-06 07.43.08.jpg but when I uploaded the same photo to a shared iCloud Photo Steam the file name was the default iPhone name (IMG_0220.JPG). After switching to photos, I imported my Dropbox backups into Photos and this has resulted in all my burst shots becoming multiple frames again. One for each filename. When I try and delete the bursts I don't want, they always reappear.

I think there is an issue with Photos syncing photo stream versions with your photo library versions depending on if you delete the Photos version or the iCloud Photo Steam one.

Jul 26, 2015 11:48 AM in response to planetm

I have the same question and you can do the following steps to delete photos from burst:

1. select the photo you want to modify or delete in bursts folder

2. click "Make a Selection" at the top left corner of photo

3. bottom will shown those burst photos and select the one you want to keep by click the "circle" on bottom right corner (you can select more than one if you want)

4. click "Done" than you can choose the popup "Keep only selection" to delete those you didn't select.

Cheers

Aug 30, 2015 8:54 AM in response to DrVolo

Solved it. In the Photos app, look at the sidebar (if not there, click View/Show Sidebar). Click on the group "Bursts". Right click on a set of photos and choose "Delete 1 Burst". A dialog box will appear and it says, "Delete From All Devices. Keep x favorites and delete y photos from one burst?". If you click the delete button then the "extras" will be deleted and the favorites saved.

bursts in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.